I'm a bassist, and you guys probably get this alot, but...Why is the string tuned to B and not C, in my mind, logically, it would be EADGCF,is it for a particular scale or chord, I just don't know guitar that well, plus a 5 string tuned high has a C instead of B so I'm just confused, thanks.
Yea, I was bass and thought that before I played guitar, it makes chords much easier and possible to play.
Archdeacon of the Church of Zeppelinism
PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Highway One Telecaster (Upgrade)
Laney 30 Watt Combo
Boss ME-50 FX

horazonblade, you are one of the reasonable/intelligent people on this forum... - JewMasatFlex
because, like the four strings above it, the fifth fret of that string is the same note as the open string above it. basic tuning 101. BEADG is easier than CEADG believe me. my buddy tried that and it didn't really work.
Quote by Nor'Easterbass
because, like the four strings above it, the fifth fret of that string is the same note as the open string above it. basic tuning 101. BEADG is easier than CEADG believe me. my buddy tried that and it didn't really work.

I meant that when a 5 string is tuned HIGH, it is EADGC, but the corresponding strings on a guitar are EADGB, now I understand though, thanks