Here's what i've been looking at, tell me what you think about them, will you?

ESP KH-202 (kirk hammett sig)
EX-400
DV8-R (dave mustaine sig)
James Hetfield signature (Truckster)
Gibson Faded SG
Epi Goth SG
Iommi Sig. SG
Schecter C-1
C-1 Jolly Roger (same thing as normal C-1, i guess)

Those are the brands I dig, basically. I play lots of different types of metal, but i play lead in a band and want the guitar than can best suit me without bankrupting me completely (over about 800 bux would do it, unless i financed it). Thanks.
I strongly advise against buying a signature guitar unless its perfect for you. You pay and ectra 200 bucks just for having kirks name on it. I'd go with any ESP in the 400 series, or the Schecter C-1, or a Shecter BlackJack series.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
I think Dave Mustaine's Axxion design is so much cooler than the V. Plus, there seems to be better access to upper frets.
most of those are cool, except Faded SGs are kind of a ripoff, unless you find a used one at a good price.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by bean-o
I strongly advise against buying a signature guitar unless its perfect for you. You pay and ectra 200 bucks just for having kirks name on it. I'd go with any ESP in the 400 series, or the Schecter C-1, or a Shecter BlackJack series.

Actually, Guitar World gave both the Hetfield and Mustaine models up there were given awards. Hetfield got the platinum and the Axxion got a Gold.

I know Shecters are good, but if it's what the guy wants, there's no changing that.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by RandyismyIdol
I think Dave Mustaine's Axxion design is so much cooler than the V. Plus, there seems to be better access to upper frets.

Play a V then tell me the Axxion has better fret access.

Anywho, Id say Schecter!
Quote by rocknrollstar
"Oh baby baby yes yes YES! YES! *pinch harmonic*"
Go to a shop and play them yourself.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
You probably can get way better Ibanez, ESP LTD-400 series, Fender or other brands if it werent for the signature series. And yeah, go to GCs and try 'em out urself
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic