I need a guitar for 500$, i was saving for a gibson SG< but thats too far, and i dont wan to wait long. Whata good one for about 500-600?

OH YEAH, preferably humbuckers because i use heavy distortion and i know singles cant handle that
Last edited by llanafreak44 at Jul 26, 2006,
i reccomend waiting to get the good stuff. i got my gibson sg special for only 1000, it's worth the wait rather than getting a copy. If you want a cheap sg, get an epiphone
Gibson SG's Rock
try out the esp ones the necks are faster and they are made better for heavy distortions
Washburn X50
Peavey Triple XXX
BBE 462 Sonic Maximizer
MXR M-134 Smart Gate
Furman M8
B-52 LG412
Does MF still have elitist SG's? If so, that would kick the sh!t out of a Gibson SG Special.
EDIT: nevermind, they haven't had them for a while, not sure what I was thinking. Check out eBay.
Last edited by El Codyo at Jul 26, 2006,
Well, if you're willing to look away from SG's, the Ibanez S470 is a nice guitar, although, you might want to swap the pick-ups. If you want an SG, then maybe a higher end Epiphone SG (G400).
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
If you want an SG style for that money I'd take a look at the LTD Vipers.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
yea the LTD vipers arent as thin, they are better looking that a normal boring SG.
and most come with EMG's loaded. so those heavy tones will be even heavier!
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
Agile guitars. They're AMAZING and you can pay around $400 for a guitar with a bit better tonewood and some better electronics in it and it will compete with anything! Hands down. They have Les Paul, SG, Strat, Tele, Hollow/Semi-Hollow, PRS, and alot of other styles. I have played a Les Paul Standard next to an Agile AL-3000 and you couldn't tell the difference. www.rondomusic.net Check them out.
2003 Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop (Limited Edition guitar #71 out of 250)
Marshall JCM2000 TSL-100
Marshall 1960 slant cab
Boss pedals
Crybaby wah

www.myspace.com/guitarplayinsmit
Check out Schecter...you can get them on eBay (used or that guy that sells new ones which have defects, only cosmetic though and usually not bad).....anyway ya eBay you can get a good Schecter for around $500
Quote by It'sForTheBest
Those cameras are really cool. I'm watching a parking lot right now.

Quote by SynGates7X
alright, you need to tell me how you get the shits to come out
yeah , take a look at schecter . and agile.
Gear: Ibanez RG350ex , Schecter Gryphon , Paul Reed Smith Santana SE , Fender Standard Splatter Strat , Peavy Raptor ,Carvin v3 , Peavey cab . BOSS DD-6 Digital Delay , flanger ,super overdrive , turbo distortion ,and DIME Crybaby From Hell.
Quote by Guitargod12345
Look at the gibson sg specials

Last post in here was about a month ago..

Don't bump old threads. ><

So it's not spam: Agile AL 3500.
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

The Al-3500 was taken out of production until futher notice. Too expensive as Kurst said. I personally like Agiles but their SG copies sure are ugly. If you can find some of their original SG's on ebay or somewhere then great. Other then that a used Epiphone SG Elitist would be nice.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.