How to classify a beginner, an intermediate player and an advanced player?
Beginner - starting to learn all the basic stuffs, chords, scales

Intermediate - already mastered almost all the basic theories, scales, chords, can improvise. No actual definition

Advanced - creative, can do advanced improvisation. No actual definition

*At least thats what i think. There's no actual point to what to learn to become an intermediate or how long you have to play to be it. Its at your own interpretation, or if you have a teacher, he can tell you what you are (in terms of how you progress, what you have learnt from him) but still it depends on situations. Hell, even if you're advanced pro beyond degree of understanding, you still learn new stuff that you forgot or didnt really get at 1st.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
If you ask different person, they may say different things. You can even be catergorized as intermediate or advaced even if you dont learn songs, and that you know good licks, play smoothly, not sloppy and much more.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
yes and no, if someone can play metallica yeah they can play fast as hell sure but they mite not no anything about scales or soloing or any musical theory so pretty much they will have to learn again and they've kinda wasted their skill a bit.
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I like to play this game where I'll see how many times I can look at a particular chicks ass or tits until I get caught.

Quote by WNxScythe
Fat chicks are different. They don't count, they aren't women.

Digitech Whammy Club!