i was wondering what pickups i should put on an RG1570 when i get one coz im not too sure what i want that much, i know the pikcups suck badly but not sure what to change em too. im not sure if i should get the pickups changed to noodles ND guitar coz i play mostly offspring and some rage against the machine aswell (best band!!) i play punk rock to rock to hard rock. so any suggestions would be helpful (not sure if i should change em to noodles signature guitar because it is a signature.)
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I like to play this game where I'll see how many times I can look at a particular chicks ass or tits until I get caught.

Quote by WNxScythe
Fat chicks are different. They don't count, they aren't women.

Digitech Whammy Club!
but they dont suck in the rg1570 as thats one of the higher models? and the pickups on the noodles signature are the infinity pickups which are much worse than the ones on the rg1570. i would suggest the ibanez v7 n v8 with the matching v single coil or the dimarzio evolution pickups.
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster (2000)
Fender Classic Player 60's Stratocaster
Marshall JCM900 100w head & 4x12 cab

Korg DT-10 Tuner; Boss DD-3 Digital Delay; Jim Dunlop JH-1B Wah; Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble; MXR EVH Phase 90.
Look into DiMarzios, a lot of them are very good to go along with basswood (Ibanez prime material).
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
i have but not really sure what sorry im a noob, like should i get some PAF Pros or what?
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I like to play this game where I'll see how many times I can look at a particular chicks ass or tits until I get caught.

Quote by WNxScythe
Fat chicks are different. They don't count, they aren't women.

Digitech Whammy Club!
paf pros would be nice.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
You kinda get the rough idea of the tone (not 100%) by listening to the artists, or sound samples from that site. For example, Vai = Evos, Paul Gilbert = PAF Pros, Satch = Mo' Joe...

Also if you're considering the PAF Pro, for bridge position, some may not like it coz it tends to give you lotsa twangy sound.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Try the dimarzio tone tone in the bridge with a seymour duncan 59' in the neck

Should do nicely
Evos sound good but have you ever tried playing a jem. those pickups bring out you every flaw, mistake etc. You have to be very good to play them nicely. It even says so on the site.

I think P.A.F's will go nice. There are so many i dont which though cause they have good sound and most can get you the offspring tone.

I would maybe get a Mo Joe in the bridge and a P.A.F Pro or Joe in the neck
Member #25 of the Ibanez SZ over RG Club! PM ibanez4life SZ! to join

Ibanez SZ320BK, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Statocaster, Laney Cub 12

Quote by Punk2Guitar
your my hero

Quote by benjy118
I love you

Thank you very much
Quote by Distortion_101
Evos sound good but have you ever tried playing a jem. those pickups bring out you every flaw, mistake etc. You have to be very good to play them nicely. It even says so on the site.

i agree....but that does give u that extra boost to play good
Evos are good for the Vai sound, and cutting leads, but I think their Treble might be alitte high for punk rock. He's gonna want some crunch. If your leaning more towards 'heavy' punk, go for a Tone Zone. They will give you what you need and a little more if you need it. Pick ups are really hard to choose, you kinda just gotta go with what sounds good to you. DiMarzio has a pick up called The Breed, which might sound pretty good. But like I said, it's what you think is best. Go to a local DiMarzio dealer and get a catalog. If you have AIM send me a message at MunkyakaBrandon or Yahoo at Munky_xx. I'd be glad to help you with pick up selection.
Breed is also developed for Vai and used on the Jem77. its got a fat, classic humbucker sound than the hotter Evos. Its a bit louder and fatter-sounding than the PAF Pros. Its got an output of 325mV while the Evo got 404mV. It is generally recommended as a neck pickup for bolt-on trem guitars. Maybe you can go for a Breed in the neck and an Evo in the Bridge
DiMarzio official site http://www.dimarzio.com/ got a nice pickup picker that u may wanna try. but above all, it is what sound you want. go to ur local guitar store and try out a few guitars equipped with DiMarzio pups. then decide on which one u want