http://deafeningsilence.dmusic.com/
This is my first recording with decent stuff, so bear with me on the quality
Anyway, the lead stuff was done by me and rythms by my band's second guitarist with her custom lefty fat-strat (which I hate her for ). The rest of the stuff I use is on my Dmusic.
Note that the timing at when the solo begins is very sloppy and off , but trust me, I think we were fine after that.

Comments are welcome and if anyone wants to add anything to this track (drums, bass) you're much more than welcome
Quote by madpickin03
"I'd like a Big Mac and a Coke plz"
"Do you want fries with that sir?"
"No i want an RG7620 to go with it, no ketchup, Vampire Kiss finish"

Quote by chevellerox2005
who is ozzy? must not have made that much of an impact ya douche

^
Well, sounded like your "second guitarist" (if you're not just making her up to spare you embarrassment ) needed to practice the rhythms more. Didn't sound like she was completely confident or fluid with it. Plus I thought you should've joined in with her to harmonize, since that's probably the best part of the song.
The solo wan't too bad, though. You also need to work on getting it fluid; it sounded too choppy in parts. You had the jist of it down, but now you need to work on perfecting it; and getting it up to speed. It sounded like you were falling behind occasionally.
Also, this is nitpicky, but I learned in my second grade math class that Kirk Hammett solo-wah=snooze.
It wasn't bad, though. Nothing spectacular, but you know it well enough that all you need to do now is practice it, and it should sound awesome. 7.75/10.
being the huge metallica fan that i am, im gonna be pretty hard on you.. but only in hopes it will make you want to get better.. the rhythm was not good at all, the right notes maybe, but it wasnt fluid, and sounded nothing like the song. the solo, being as hard to hear as it was, was equally bad. it was almost like you didnt know what to play at some points, and you just did random stuff. the ending of the solo was just flat out horrible. now enough of me being a dick. keep working on it, its not a very hard song to play, and shouldn't take too long to get it to sound good. after a second listen, the solo isnt as bad as i first thought, but it still isnt where it needs to be. the ending is still not good. work on making it flow together, and when you record again, make the lead a little bit louder.
^meh, I've been playing for a year, I expected comments like that
In fact, I'm happy I got critisized(sp), nobody has been playing guitar for more than a few months where I live and everyone thinks I'm a prodigy of some kind.
Heck, me and my drummer can't even get the timing for the chorus right.

Well, sounded like your "second guitarist" (if you're not just making her up to spare you embarrassment)

I assure you, the people who work to get the drums in time with a simple riff every day in my basement are 100% real...and individuals for that matter.

EDIT: Wow, I never wanted to listen to it after the mixing by fear that it might suck but...I need to work
Quote by madpickin03
"I'd like a Big Mac and a Coke plz"
"Do you want fries with that sir?"
"No i want an RG7620 to go with it, no ketchup, Vampire Kiss finish"

Quote by chevellerox2005
who is ozzy? must not have made that much of an impact ya douche

^
Last edited by TillDeath at Jul 26, 2006,
Quote by headfest88
being the huge metallica fan that i am, im gonna be pretty hard on you.. but only in hopes it will make you want to get better.. the rhythm was not good at all, the right notes maybe, but it wasnt fluid, and sounded nothing like the song. the solo, being as hard to hear as it was, was equally bad. it was almost like you didnt know what to play at some points, and you just did random stuff. the ending of the solo was just flat out horrible. now enough of me being a dick. keep working on it, its not a very hard song to play, and shouldn't take too long to get it to sound good. after a second listen, the solo isnt as bad as i first thought, but it still isnt where it needs to be. the ending is still not good. work on making it flow together, and when you record again, make the lead a little bit louder.

errr, what song was that supposed to be again..... everything was played roughly and with no fluidity/style!!

dont even bother attempting such a great song when you clearly cannot pull it off!!

nuff said
Quote by yourmom09
i still think you rock, jimmy.

Quote by MonkeyOnDope
badass man just badass

Equipment:
- Dean Razorback
- Parker P-42
- Ibanez SA 160 QMAM
- Line 6 Spider II 210
- Boss GT8
- Boss BR900 CD

http://jimi.dmusic.com/music/
well, as said before, it sounded like you got most of the right notes correct, but the timing was off in most places, and the solo's rhythm was played wrong. Maybe try using a backing track next time.

Check out my sig for my Sad But True cover, the backing track really helps with timing.
That was truly awful. I admire your effort, but, you definitely need to work on your guitar work in general, but especially this song if you're going to cover it again.
Live hard, party hard, work hard.