i have a zoom gfx-3 effects pedal and a little 10 watt amp and i want to get a sound like trivium.
i dont want to buy all new gear or anything so please dont say i need a marshall or new guitars or something, i just wanna know how to get a close enough sort of sound to them.

if anyone could suggest individual settings like treble, bass, mid, gains levels or whatnot

any help would be much appreciated
Look in the settings thread in guitar & accessories (Sp?)

Someones bound to have asked bout trivium before.
when i want to sound liek trivium i normall go for the ember to inferno sound and its fairly simple...i use scooped mids.

have bass at 10, gain at 10, treble at 10, and mids at 0.

should work,. well it does through my marshal lol
would this be a metal distortion or a normal distortion to put the settings onto?
im not sure what gonna do with you fx, never a distoprtion line on you amp when you fx unit is running into, it will sound like your some kind of ****. try scooping the mids with gain at 0 then running your fx unit with a heavy distortion. should work. i use a korg ax 1500g and use the static or kid rock setting
I just did one on the Ultimate setings thread, look for it in the last 2 pages hopefully
so to scoop the mids i do what you said before?
with the mids on 0 and everything else on 10?
if your not going ot us your effects unit. if you are turn the gain to 0 on the amp and have a distortion from the effects unit

WITH EFFECTS

10 BASS
10 TREBLE
0 MID

WITHOUT EFFECTS

10 BASS
10 TREBLE
10 GAIN
0 MID
i did it on my amp but it sounded crap so i did it on my pedal and i got a good sound it was kinda what im looking for but i will just keep playing around with it..
cheers for your help