Hey what's up guys. I have an ESP/LTD F-50 and an Ibanez RG120. My amp is a VOX ADVT30. I've been trying to get the Killswitch Engage tone. What should I do?

Thanks!

-Santoro
Make me feel serenity when all is revealed
So easy to look back at life and question but I must
Seek the strength to push forward

Teach me to inscribe these words upon my heart
And cover me with the shadow of your hand
Save up alot of money as their amps are extremely expensive.

They use a combination of a Framus Cobra and a Peavey 5150 and a hell of alot of rack gear.

The Framus alone is 2500 USD. Their guitars are real expensive too but anything made of mahogany and with EMGs will work.
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
realise that caliban are better.

lower your mids (not alot, just enough) and use the high gain model. keep the bass and treble fairly high.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Killswitch also use Caparison guitars with EMG's, drop C tuning etc.

You arent going to get anywhere near that sound with that amp.

Try some multi effects like a GT8 or POD XT Live to get closer.

New amp is needed!
I got a perfect killswitch sound with a line 6 spider MKII and a EMG 81 equipped LTD. The gain should be about 8 on the metal setting, bass 8 or 9, mid 4 or 5 and the treble about 7 or 6. Even if you don't have a line 6 amp try using those settings or round about them and you should get close to the killswitch sound.
"In Flames We Trust - the band of the free and the home of the brave."
Quote by PhoenixFoley
I got a perfect killswitch sound with a line 6 spider MKII and a EMG 81 equipped LTD. The gain should be about 8 on the metal setting, bass 8 or 9, mid 4 or 5 and the treble about 7 or 6. Even if you don't have a line 6 amp try using those settings or round about them and you should get close to the killswitch sound.

Cmon mate, dont kid yourself.

That is not going to be a Killswitch tone.

There sound is thick high gain from beastly valve amps, not cheap SS.

HOWEVER, your actual settings arent bad
Seriously man u'd be surprised on how similar you can get to the killswitch tone with a spider but obviously your not gonna get the EXACT same sound. Hey, you might not even get the EXACT same sound with the exact same equipment. They way you play also plays a big part,so play from the heart no matter what kinda equipment you have (Lol sounds cheesy!)
"In Flames We Trust - the band of the free and the home of the brave."
umm last time i heard killswitch was using Hughes and Kettner triamps, which again expensive, but scoop your mids and some bass, lots of gain and mess around from there
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?
Hey, as long as we try.. it's good enough.

Scoop your mids. It's primal for the metal tone.
My gear:

MIJ Squier Stratocaster

Washburn WR150 Quilted Top

Oscar Schmidt Semi-hollow Delta King

Epiphone Hummingbird

Amps: Fender Eighty-Five
i thought they started using soldanos?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?

Oh and also...don't scoop your mids, 4 or 5 is what I keep mine at. For metalcore guys, they use Maxon/Ibanez Tubescreamers to boost their valve amp (set at low gain) as you can read in this article and the other one before this. They set their high gain amps at a lower gain and then kick on the tubescreamer for more crunch and definition (basically to tighten up their sound). Everybody knows that tubescreamers have a mid hump while also cutting the lows a bit. So mids are a key factor!!

Oh and they don't use a hell of a lot of rack gear, those dudes like to keep it simple as you can see...well sorta
Guitars:
Jackson DXMGT
Agile Al-2000

Amp:
Peavey Ultra Plus 120
Carvin G412B

FX:
Line6 Echo Park
Danelectro Fish & Chips EQ
Quote by azn_guitarist25
good ole caparison. yeh they use dellinger models

My mate just had one imported from Japan, apparently it's one of the standard versions (upgraded to pro spec's for '06). Chris Amott of Arch Enemy used to use one.

I eagerly anticipate trying it out.
Quote by codybcool
My mate just had one imported from Japan, apparently it's one of the standard versions (upgraded to pro spec's for '06). Chris Amott of Arch Enemy used to use one.

I eagerly anticipate trying it out.

mmm i guess its a Dellinger SE model. yeh Chris played them he also had a siggie model but that got discontinued and sucks ballz but yeh try it out and do be afraid to bash the schaller its what its there for