I posted yesterday trying to decide on a guitar. I have since found a LP Studio that can be bought for 750. It is 2 years old and supposedly in excellent condition. I am going to look at it after lunch and wanted to know if this is a good deal or not so I can carry the money with me. It ha the Gibson hardvase and all of the original paper work. Thanks for your help.
If its in near mint condition its a good deal. Otherwise, its just okay IMO.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
hmmm seems alright since a new one cost twice that though dont know about quality

A new one doesn't cost twice, it costs 1,200 dollar on musiciansfriend. I didn't think it was that much, though, so on second thought, i think it would be a good deal as long as its in at least good condition.
The prices quoted on musiciansfriend only include a gig bag, and you're getting a hard case - I'd say it's a great deal on a two year old LP Studio.
I think that's a great deal, really. Price-wise, you could probably sell it for that much or more if you don't like it.

But this is like any Gibson. Quality is rather subjective. You could have a compelte gem, or a total dud. Play it and see what you think. If you like it, buy it. It's worth it.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Quote by refgerto
The one azn_guitarist found was a studio + with zebra pickups. If you will click here:http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Les-Paul-Studio-Electric-Guitar?sku=517030

There you have a regular studio. If you look farther down, you'll see it includes a hardshell case as well. Still 750 is a good deal. I thought they were as cheap as 1,000 bucks new

Good luck mate.

dont forget the flame maple top as well. btw i guess the price really depends on what colour it is as well
Well, he said it was supposedly in excellent condition, so IMO, it's definately worth it.

And my LP Studio is a 2004, and one of the best sounding Les Pauls I've played in recent memory. Yeah, it had nasty fret problems that I had to fix, but that sound is excellent.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor