i sanded my lp to the wood so now do i a) prime it or b) apply something else before the primer, also i used grit 80 on my detail sander to get rid of the paint was that too rough?
80 grit is way too rough to paint over, it'll soak up finish so fast. You're going to have to sand the body down starting with 100 grit and work your way up to 220 grit ( 100, 150, 220 ). When you sand make sure you go in one direction, and make sure you get all the grit marks out from the previous grit. Also, depending on what wood the LP is (is this a true LP?) you'll need some sort of grainfiller. If it's factory filled you may only need the Stew-Mac waterbased filler, but if you can see a lot of pores in the wood buy a few tubes of epoxy and start filling.

After you do the grainfiller, sand the body with 220 and start painting
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
i heard that i would need a sand sealer would that work and if so what products could i buy from the UK because i could not find any at BNQ
Looks like it'll do the job.
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'