So yeah... I'm getting myself an Ibanez IC200 soon after trying out a whole LOAD of guitars (including the IC400) and coming to the conclusion that it's THE guitar for me. Next thing on my list is to get an amp with a little more 'oomph' than my RG50TC. The music I play is sorta goth-punk, if I had to label it (you can get a better idea by hearing us at our myspace (please excuse the DIABOLICAL singing voice I had at the time...). But yeah.

My budget's around 500-600 pounds I guess.

Don't suggest amps from US sites please... they cost way different over here!
Look for a used Peavey XXX Super 40 or maybe a used Peavey 5150 or 6505 combo if you're lucky.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
Forgot to say I use cleans a lot too...

The song on our myspace, Anarchy Heart, has a clean bit in the middle... so I need clear cleans and really heavy overdrive... if that's possible in the same amp. My Randall's 'cleans' sound like anus...
To get an amp with both good cleans and a really heavy distortion at that price range is asking a bit much. You'll probably have to sacrifice one or the other.

Although, an idea might be to buy an OD pedal for your randall to give it more, as you say, "oomph", and then buy a cheaper amp just for cleans and a A/B splitter.

That'd probably be out of your price range though XD
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
I've got an Ibanez TS-7 for a boost, but it still doesn't give me enough additional gain without making a lot of noise... it does, however, give me a nice 'light' overdrive for stuff, so it wasn't a waste of money...

What about ENGL? Are any of their lower-end combos high-gain amps?
Yes, ENGL amps have a ton of gain. But they're a bit out of your price range. The Thunder isn't high gain, but the Screamer is (although, it still isn't super high-gain). I'd recommend a Fireball for playing metal.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
well here are my settings.. I've got the EXACT sound I want, but loads of buzzing and stuff when I'm not playing...

TS-7:

Gain: 5
Tone: 5
Level: 10

RG50TC:

Gain: 8
Bass: 5
Mid: 4
Treble: 6
Level: 6

What's creating all the noise?
Probably your gain level on your amp. Try turning the amp gain down a bit and the pedal gain up. It might help a bit.

My Music
Same amount of noise... =S

Should I just face the music and buy a higher gain amp?
That Matrix 100 of yours sounds pretty good in those recordings (I had a listen). That's pretty much the sound I'm looking for.
Quote by Aidy Damage
Same amount of noise... =S

Should I just face the music and buy a higher gain amp?
That Matrix 100 of yours sounds pretty good in those recordings (I had a listen). That's pretty much the sound I'm looking for.

Well, if you like the sound of it, try out one for yourself if a local music shop can get one, so then you can be sure. Bear in mind that It's a solid state amp, so it won't sound too good once the master volume gets past about 8 or so. But it's pretty nice

My Music
you can always try out a noise supressor on you current setup if you love the sound but hate the buzzing
Gear:
2003 Fender Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
2010 EBMM BFR JP6
2012 Babicz Identity Dreadnaught
2015 Gibson Les Paul Traditional SR
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey XXX 112
Fender Blues Jr
Quote by Aidy Damage
they sound a bit limp and creamy

like Fred Durst's penis...

...and I DID just quote myself.
is not enough gain, or too much noise, the problem?

do you have the £600 without selling the randall?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
if it's just to much noise get a noise gate. check out an ISP decimator.

you could try getting a professional eq also.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
Quote by gpderek09
if it's just to much noise get a noise gate. check out an ISP decimator.

aye, that's what I was getting at with my first question.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?