Hey everybody,

I'm a huge metal fan and have been for a long time now. The only problem is, my CD case is full with mostly BLS, Metallica, Ozzy and then some randoms like Yngwie, Alter Bridge, Megadeth, etc.
Basically, I wanted some Band/Artist suggestions as to what else I could like. I'm a technique freak and therefore love searing leads. At the same time I like leads with emotion as well, meaning I'd probably like a guitarist like Alexi Laiho over Yngwie Malmsteen (both great, but you can hear differences).
I love hard riffs for the most part, mostly Zakk Wylde style, or something like Pantera, with a lot of groove. The occasional palm-muted speed attack being great too (ie Metallica).
Lastly, I love great vocals. I'm a huge fan of guys that know how to sing rather than yell, and in addition vocals with roughness too them, like Zakk Wylde and James Hetfield. A vocalist like Alexi, for example, takes me a little longer to get use to, even though the instrumentals are mind-blowing.

With this criteria in mind, what are some other bands that would be worth me checking out and hopefully purchasing some of their stuff?

Thanks all; flame if you must, but I'd rather get some intellectual stuff first.

Live life stronger than death.
Zakk Wylde

True knowledge is knowing that you know nothing.
Socrates

You can be a king or a street sweeper, but everybody dances with the Grim Reaper.
Robert Alton Harris

R.I.P.
Rhoads, Vaughan, Burton
Check out nevermore, crazyily good guitarists, and a decent vocalist.
Also you may like Testament if you like Metallica, I like Testament more than them.
Give Arch Enemy a shot to, pretty good guitarists in there.