I went to the local guitar store and asked them what their best guitar was for under 200. They immediately showed me an Alvarez RD8. I thought it sounded pretty nice, but I wanted to get the opinion of people who are actually good at guitar.. Also, it was only $145 there, while everywhere I look on the internet it is listed between 200 and 250... thoughts??
ive heard nothing but praise for alvarez
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
2 of my friends have alvarez guitars, but i think they were like $500 or around that. but man, do they sound nice. im not sure how the cheaper ones sound, but the expensive ones are really nice.
This is how you keep a blonde busy for hours!
Click Here

Quote by gsr2k6
My gf tryed to click your sig link and then asked me why it wouldnt work .

Oh.. wait....
^ I'll second that, I have the MC90 from their Masterworks Classicals line of guitars. Beautiful sounding, playing, and looking guitar. Alvarez are good for the money
My God, it's full of stars!
I own an AJ60. It is a jumbo Alvarez. Solid spruce top, maple sides. I really like its bright, projected sound and it looks good too.

I'm going to sell it though because the neck is a little thin and narrow. Nothing wrong with that except my left hand is too big for that size neck. I can't fret cleanly.

That is too bad because it is a nice guitar. Good luck in your search.

- rajastrums

ps - This is my first post. A really good looking website.
^ Welcome to UG, and welcome to the Acoustic/Classical forum
My God, it's full of stars!
the rd8 is a good guitar for the money, i think. i'd reccomend saving up a little bit more and going with the rd20s myself because it has a solid top. the rd8 has a laminate top. if the specific rd8 you are looking at is that much cheaper, check and see if it comes with the hardshell case. alvarez sells the rd8 as sort of a "starter package" for acoustic guitars. the ones you are seeing priced at over $200 probably include that hardshell case that it's supposed to come with. i can't be certain, but i'd guess that if you are getting the guitar for $145, it is missing the case.

and welcome to you, raja.
Quote by jimtaka
the rd8 is a good guitar for the money, i think. i'd reccomend saving up a little bit more and going with the rd20s myself because it has a solid top. the rd8 has a laminate top. if the specific rd8 you are looking at is that much cheaper, check and see if it comes with the hardshell case. alvarez sells the rd8 as sort of a "starter package" for acoustic guitars. the ones you are seeing priced at over $200 probably include that hardshell case that it's supposed to come with. i can't be certain, but i'd guess that if you are getting the guitar for $145, it is missing the case.

and welcome to you, raja.

Agreed. get the RD20 if your gonna get an Alvarez for around that money. I was going to get it, but I got a Yamaha fg700 instead.