Ok well I narrowed it down to these two guitars. The DXMG is only 3 dollars more at $472 and the Ibanez S470 is $469. I need a fast neck. If I were to get the Jackson I would replace the LFR with on OFR. Which one of the guitars are better for metal. Remember the faster the neck the better. I read on Jacksons site that the width at the nut is the same as the width at the nut for the Ibanez. So I'm split between the two. Any help would be great!
I hear the ibanez trem is better than most LFR and the higher end are better than OFR so trem wise i'd got the ibanez, never tried the jackson but the s470 plays like a dream, playing a solo on that neck is like cutting through hot butter, didnt try the trem though, and i didnt play it through an amp >_<
I would deff go with the ibanez. i've used ibanez's alot. the ibanez is a fast guitar. and easy to bend
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Ibanez GSA60
Ibanez RG320FM
Jackson JS30

Amps:
Marshall MG Stack
Line 6 Flextone II

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
OFRs don't come cheap either, are you sure that the Jackson trem is a direct retrofit?

DXMG is basswood with crappy HH pickups, while S is mahogany with crappy HSH pickups. Necks are comparable, I played a DKMGT extensively and the neck didn't cramp me up compared to my S470. Body wood is your preference, but for metal I'd pick mahogany. And, of course, ZR tremolo is better than Jackson LFR, and when it comes to heavy riffing and palm muting, it's more comfortable and practical than the OFR (in my opinion).
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
The jackson neck is just okay. It has the standard neck join, which makes for a bulky area of playing when trying to get to the upper frets....

The ibanez on the other hand, has an AANJ which makes upper fret access a breaze, especially with a thin Wizard 2 neck.

If you upgraded to an OFR, that would set you back another 150$, while the ZR trem on the ibanez is more advanced and imo superior to an ofr.

The s470 is also has a mahogony body.

the 470 is the way to go, and if your looking for a guitar like the jackon(24 frets, super strat) go with the Ibanez RG1570, i prefer it over the s470.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Yeah the OFR will fit. So if I do get the Jackson when the LFR dies out im just gonna get the OFR which will run me about 150 so when it breaks I should have enough money. But I still don't know what one to get.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
^ the S470 cramped you up? it was pefect with me and i was playing it for a good half hour non stop lol

No no. What I mean is, even though I'm used to the S470 neck (which is very comfortable), the Jackson neck did not cramp me up - it's not bulky, not slow. However, as ClassicAxe said, it has a standard neck joint, and Ibanez AANJ beats that for upper fret access.

To the ts, I also second the RG1570 idea over DXMG+OFR. If you can afford the latter, you should probably go with the former right away.

Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
oh i get you lol sorry bout that, i think an ibanez would be best, eith RG1570 or S470, both the guitars i have pondered over but i'm getting the S470DXQM on further inspection, when i et the money of course lol, Ibanezes are the way to go :p