Hey, the fretboard of my brandnew MIA feels a little slow. I willfully ignored it at first, but now its starting to get to me. It feels sticky kinda, compared to my 8 month old epiphone LP, and my finger movements are hampered. Is there anything i can do to smoothen the wood of the fretboard? Coz my epiphone feels really organic at the fretboard, while the strat seems more "fake" or "plastic" if you take my meaning. Please help!!
since when do you touch the fretboard? you mean the back of the neck? or are you pushing too hard down on the fretboard. i dont see how a fretboard can make a difference on playing speed.
Quote by codybcool
Stagg's are the kind of brand that you see selling on eBay from a 0 feedback Chinese man for 99p and no one buys them.
Rosewood or maple?

and it your epi is probably rosewood.
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

The strings glide slowly on the fretboard i mean. Both are rosewood. So i dunno..
try changing the strings?
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

wtf are you talking about
Going to Columbia University this fall! Woohoo!
Member of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Potsmokers Association
Quote by wmzbomgzors
wtf are you talking about

Ah...insight...
just what we needed.
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

the strings should never touch the fretboard , if you fret a note and lift up your neck so you can see it sideways , youll notice it never touches the wood. also , what do you mean by glide on the fretboard? i wasnt aware the string would be moving about (unless you mean while bending , in which case it would be the frets not the board)
Quote by codybcool
Stagg's are the kind of brand that you see selling on eBay from a 0 feedback Chinese man for 99p and no one buys them.
I think the strings are grimey
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

well sorry if my first post seemed bitchy but the guy two posts above me is right, your strings shouldn't touch the fretboard. I'm guessing what you mean is that you need to change the strings?
Going to Columbia University this fall! Woohoo!
Member of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Potsmokers Association
No, okay, i see it now. But my fingers touch the fretboard "around" the string, since the string goes aways into the flesh on my fingertips, and when i bend, i tend to use the top of my finger, letting my finger "point" rest on the fretboard. Thats what i mean. It feels slow on the fingers in the bends and such.
Chill out people. It probably came with some cheap strings. So... *Drum Roll*

CHANGE THEM!

It's not that hard. Seriously guys...
Pissed.
It could be the neck radius...or the scale length...

(7000 Posts!!!)
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

oil the board, change the strings.

woot! ^tosses little paper bits in the air.

edit: you just urged me to look, im at 9,900 even. so odd.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I took a long ass break from UG,

Rig-Talk is where it's at
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

LAF, didnt mean that my count was awesome. i meant it was odd we were both on even numbers.
my high count just means im a ug addict.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
LAF, didnt mean that my count was awesome. i meant it was odd we were both on even numbers.
my high count just means im a ug addict.

Hah, UG Addict pride, I hate this forum (I dont hate it, but it bothers me lol, average poster IQ i guess)
But for some reason I'm always here...or always find my way back here.
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit