is "contoured" the same thing as a carved/arch top? cuz i was browsing through ebay and fantasising about buying a body... i'm not gonna post the link incase i DO want to buy it ( )

from the looks of the pics i've seen it is, but what exactly could "contoured" mean
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
o well that sucks.... but maybe it's both, cuz in the pic i'm almost a hundred percent sure it's carved top:
EDIT whoops thought it was all one pic i'll fix that one sec
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
yeah i'm not stupid (not trying to pick a fight) but the thing is on ebay, it's possible they don't know what their talking about, and they did not say "back" so i assumed they mistook carved for contoured

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
contoured is the back of the body or w/e which is shaped to fir your body (Fender were the first company to do this), carved is the top of the body
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Quote by seek_&_destroy
yeah i'm not stupid (not trying to pick a fight) but the thing is on ebay, it's possible they don't know what their talking about, and they did not say "back" so i assumed they mistook carved for contoured

Maybe its both. Epiphone is doing that with their new Les Paul Ultra:
I strat has a contoured front and back...
how about you post a link...
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

Quote by TUMFP
u wanna buy from some who doesnt kno what theyre talkin about?

well yeah as long as the product is good and cheap? i don't see what it matters wtf they know
but ok i get the pic , you can close this thread now

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
Quote by Cmogi10
I strat has a contoured front and back...
how about you post a link...

already explained read first post, i don't want any competition incase i do want to buy it, think it's stupid? shove it up your ass

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
I never said it's stupid, what fluffy animal snuck up your ass?

Contoured

Non-Contoured

Carved/Archtop

Flat Top

There you go cunt muscle...
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit