What do you think? I've never had experience with Cool Edit Pro or any recording equipment in general and I'm wondering how Cool Edit Pro will work for just a cheap recording to refer to our song ideas. Would I have to send the different signals into a mixer, then into my PC? When I do that should I just record the stuff coming out of the mixer as one whole track (because it is already mixed) or will Cool Edit Pro make a different track for each signal? I've tried recording one track at a time before but when (for example) I wanted to play my guitar part over a drum beat, I couldn't hear the drum beat. What can I do? What are other options?
how did you even get to record your guitar on it, i cant get it to go. my acoustic wont get picked up my the mic. the mic wont pick up ANYTHING and i know for sure its not broken, so whats wrong?
try turning uo the input gain man
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Stratocaster
Fender Telecaster
Boss TU-3
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss OD-2
Boss TR-2
Boss RV-3 (best pedal ever!)
Boss BF-3
Line 6 DL4
Peavy Delta Blues 2x10
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Blues Junior
i use cool edit and for the longest time it wouldn't record anything. i was in multi-track view, and i had to press the red r button next to each individual track i wanted to record...then press record. may be your problem too. i dunno
Quote by JBOX
how did you even get to record your guitar on it, i cant get it to go. my acoustic wont get picked up my the mic. the mic wont pick up ANYTHING and i know for sure its not broken, so whats wrong?

make sure you "rener track" for recording (the lil red button on the track display thinger) than hit the record button at the bottom.

i love cool edit. great for getting good tones. the effects it has also arn't band. just goof around with it and you will pick it up quickly.
best of luck
you will have better luck using a mixer. take your left and right outputs a y adapter with 2 female and 1 male ends. plug that into the line input on your sound card. select 2 tracks in the multi track mode, remember we're doing stereo. push the main record button in the transport section. and away we go.
if you want to have each instrument seperated, then you will need to record each one at a time on it's own track.
p.s. if you are using a mic, make sure you are pluged into the mic input not the line in. then go into your sound card's recording properties and make sure that mic is selected.
All my guitars are old enough to buy beer, are You?