my amp broke and i wont be getting another proper one till my birthday in october, I'm meant to play a short set in about 4 weeks for a birthday party, so i need a cheap amp that is loud enough for a small gig, i suppose my budget would be about £60-£100, but i dont want to go past that, any ideas?
I'd go for a Vox Valvetronix. Probably the AD15VT. You could find it for about £100 if you look around or get it on eBay.
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
I dont want to buy off ebay, too risky and i need it under £100 if possible, because I'll probably only have £50 or £60 by the gig whichc is very bad, I'm looking around GAK.co.uk at the mo but still need suggestions
oh and sorry for the double post but this is only for a small garden gig till i can afford a good one, is this any good?
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=8185
remember its only for a small gig about 4 or 5 songs
If you have enough effects you could blag your way on any amp if it's only a short setlist really.
Quote by Tom Martin

Jeez... if your house was on fire, what would you do? Phone the fire department, or go on UG and ask us what to do?
whats wrong with your amp and why cant you just get it repaired? Youll be hard pressed to find a decent gigging amp that cheap. What you could do is get a 25 watt something r other and mic it up.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I dont have an idea of whats happened in my amp but it wont work, but its crap anyway so i need an amp, it doesnt need to be huge or amazingly loud, just loud enough for about 15-20 people to hear, is that orange one good?
Quote by jmac72187
Maybe you could borrow a friends amp or a friend of a friends amp.

Non of my friends have amps that are loud, just stuff like mini marshalls that arent heard between 3 people
instead of buying anopther cheap amp id reccomend getting your current one fixed and then saveing for a good amp
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Does the band have a PA?

If you do you could run your guitar -> effects processor-> PA

Without a PA and without Ebay eww its gettin tougher...

You could rent an amp... Check one of your local guitar stores and see what kind of deal they will give. Definately check the one where you bought your amp from.

I would go with a Roland Cube Personally. The Roland Cube 15 is in your price range and has more sounds than clean and drive =(the orange). Plus the Roland Cube makes a great bedroom amp because it had headphone Out. The amp has a vox setting, fender blackface setting, metal setting, plus effects, PLUS you can even run a mic into it because it has a setting for mics. AND the Roland has an 8 inch speaker instead of the orange's 6" speaker, so you will have a bit more bass. Yeah the Roland is WAY more useful than the orange.

Good Luck
My Favorite Rig Of The Moment

Fender American Strat -> Barber Tone Press -> Xotic AC Booster -> Keeley TS9 -> Hughes & Kettner TubeFactor -> Fender Blues Junior
Last edited by GuitarMD at Jul 26, 2006,
I'm giving up on the behringer cos i hate it it buzzes and is all round crap, I just need a small crappy one for now thats better than the behringer, i'll see if my local guitar shop rents out amps if not I'll need an amp which is about £40-£60 my money is very strict cos i wont be able to get £100 in time for the gig
If your serious about getting a good gigging amp you will need to save up a lot more money. Your best bet is getting your current one fixed or just renting or borrowing. Seriously, it will take a miracle for you to find an amp good and loud enough to play a gig with on that budget.
No offence meant.
if it's just a small garden deal, and you don't have to get over a loud drummer... any practice amp should be enough.... more information on the kind of group etc would be appreciated
Gear:
2003 Fender Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
2010 EBMM BFR JP6
2012 Babicz Identity Dreadnaught
2015 Gibson Les Paul Traditional SR
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey XXX 112
Fender Blues Jr
Quote by Punk_Ninja
I dont want to buy off ebay, too risky and i need it under £100 if possible, because I'll probably only have £50 or £60 by the gig whichc is very bad, I'm looking around GAK.co.uk at the mo but still need suggestions

see if you can borrow a friends amp or something.if i knew you personally and you lived close id let you borrow a halfstack
or if you are against borrowin for some reason go to a guitar store and rent one
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

Quote by thetearsibleed
or if you are against borrowin for some reason go to a guitar store and rent one

that works just as well. you can prolly rent a nice jcm2000 or something
Thanks guys but I'm probably going to have to use a really crappy squier sp-10 cos I'm drained for money, i owe a lot of people and I've got to spend some money on a friends birthday and a sort of double date on saturday, if i have any money i'll rent an amp, and the dude who said he'd let me borrow the half stack, thats very kind of you but a half stack for a small garden gig would blow them apart :p
the band i'm with at the party consists of me on guitar a male vocalist and a female vocalist/keyboardist not good band yet, we're looking for a drummer but we got a rythm guitar and bassist who are still learning XD
k well, honestly its not worth playin through a sp-10, piece of CRAP, and no drummer, have u heard a band without a drummer, very empty to say the least unless its acousitc...anyways im sorry but its seems all downhill to me
If you have a very nice stereo system(or your dad does) you could use the speakers and use pedals to get distortion/reverb/etc. but you can't blast it.
#2 fanboy of Conor Oberst pm frd_mrshall to join
you could just bring a computer (laptop) and some large speakers that can work with the PC alright and just use a 1/8" male to 1/4" jack connecter to plug your guitar into the mic in, and then just use Guitar FX 3

just google it, it's free
-Mike
If you really just want it for playing this party gig why dont you just rent an amp for that week.
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
I'll probably end up renting an amp but with my financial problems it'll be hard and i managed quite a good gig with just me and a vocalist a few weeks back and thats how i got hired with this, but now we've got a second vocalist who plays keyboard too
Quote by honkey
If you have a very nice stereo system(or your dad does) you could use the speakers and use pedals to get distortion/reverb/etc. but you can't blast it.

thats probably what i would do if i were in your position. if you can find a half decent stereo that is at least slightly portable, you can probably find a way to plug your guitar into it. i used to use a stereo as an amp and i could hear it over drums. didnt sound great, but it would work for what you are doing. as another person suggested you could use a laptop as well. plug your guitar into the laptop and then into the stereo.

since i have a laptop what i would do is run my guitar into my computers sound card. then i would have fruity loops running and have the guitar going to an input in that. i would then use an EQ on that channel, as well as some reverb or possibly chorus to thicken the sound a bit. then id run a cable from the headphone/line out of my laptop into a stereo with a mic input. since you can get the fruity loops demo for free and can get the asio driver you would need for free, you probably would only need to shell out money for some converters of cables that run 1/4" to 1/8". they wont be expensive.

really this way is going to probably be your best bet. you keep the money you have to save towards a decent amp, get an EQ and some effects, and have some speakers to push the sound. its a simple enough set up and would work well enough for a single small gig as long as you are worried about having incredibly awesome tone (which you dont seem to be).
Why not rent an amp from a shop just for that gig? Then save up and buy a decent amp.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
get a peavey of some sort, awesome amps and well worth the price, in toronto theyre prety cheap, im lookin at gettin the extreme slant cab with the cheaper extreme head
I don't ask for much
Truth be told I'll settle for
A life less frightening, a life less frightening
i would say roland cube....
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
Quote by Punk_Ninja
I'll probably end up renting an amp but with my financial problems it'll be hard and i managed quite a good gig with just me and a vocalist a few weeks back and thats how i got hired with this, but now we've got a second vocalist who plays keyboard too

yea its better then buying a crappy amp
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
Take your current amp to a guitar shop to get it fixed, and ask if you can borrow one of their floor amps until it's fixed. My friend did that when his bass amp broke. Just make sure you tell them you'll take good care of it.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music