...thought to yourself "Man, maybe I like listening to music better than I do playing it"? Maybe I'm just overly frustrated due to the fact that I can't get a band going and everytime one does get going I don't feel the 'thrill' of playing. It could be because every band I've ever been in has a member(s) from a previous band I've been in so maybe I just need new people to play with but everything used to seem so much more exciting and fresh. I still love discovering and listening to music and I write alot of songs but it doesn't feel the same as it used to. It's all I know though - music and playing is what I've surrounded myself with my whole life.
It depends on my mood. But most of the time, playing music is always a great experience. When everybody's on the same page it's just an awesome feeling. I don't konw...that feeling hasn't worn off for me yet.
I know a mouse and he hasn't got a house
I don't know why I call him Gerald
He's getting rather old, but he's a good mouse
Sometimes it's jsut so good to sit back and listen to music, instead of playing it. For example if i'm really worked up and stressed about anything, some good heavy roadrunner type stuff somehow relaxes me, where playing it doesn't have the same effect.
I love playing my guitar, i never get frustrated or lose the thrill, but i do enjoy listening more than playing. Listening to my fav. bands always gives me new ideas.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
...i cant say that ive ever thougth that, id much rather play, and when i listen to music it always gets me pumped up to play especially if its like a video or something. so yea i like playing music way more
i definately enjoy playing more than listening (its a very goth inspired idea..... i create something beautiful and its only gonna live for about 5 minutes...... this is obviously a joke) but really though i do enjoy playing, and i remember back when i had this great drummer we'd tear it up on some uber heavy sh!t and that was the best feeling in the WORLD!!!!
sometimes if you get burned out from practicing you just find comfort in listening to music...good for inspiration
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
Some days I feel like just listening, but often it inspires me to write more music. Just so I can get the feeling that I created something that could be enjoyed, like I enjoy music.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out