howdy, i have a cheap gibson guitar(called an epoch) with a decent neck on it... last night i got bored and decided to chip off paint on the top of the headstock. it's actually a nice looking neck, maple i believe. i was wondering if i should just chip off all the paint and just sand the back of the neck a wee bit so it would be a nice smooth maple finish. with a coat of linseed oil or something that will seal the neck of course. but, there is more... the body is black with creme binding, pick up rings, and the like, i just don't know how it would look. *using my imagination to see what it would be like* hmmm... mabye the body should be painted a lighter color too...

oh yeah, it's a bolt on neck too.
Last edited by mr.peaches at Jul 26, 2006,
i'd say go for it, besides worst come to worst you can jsut paint it agian, it's a bolt on
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
im not sure how the maple in combination with the blakc would look...but as seek & destroy says, you can always paint it again...btw an all wood grain lp would be the sh*t
Quote by Raven
i would much rather go to the ****ing hospital and have them surgically reattach my penis instead of slap some silly puddy on there and call 'er "mangled johnny"
^^ yeah gibson already makes those. its called a gibson lp raw. they used to come equipped with emgs. but i dont know now, but they do look pretty sweet.

but threadstarter, be careful those Epochs are plywood on the body
Du Hast Meche

Member 21 of "I Survived UG Pwn Day"

Quote by HugoMadizon
What is a pup?

Quote by azn_guitarist25
sir, are you a retard.
yeah, i know it's got the ply bod, so i think i might go for it. mabye i'll paint the body like light blue or florescent green... also, i'm thinking about selling some stuff for a nicer guitar, so this will be like a project guitar for me.