I know this isnt exactly the right place for this thread, but my computer wont open up the other page, please dont close this. So lets get to the point, i dont know what a chorus pedal does. What does it sound like? How does it sound clean? with distortion? What songs are they used in?
If you want to jam in/around Mooresville NC message me.
It basically gives your tone a little pizazz. Like it brightens your tone. It sounds very nice on clean. If you want it its a must have for a guitarist whose in a band. Or you just to mess with it.
it alters the wavelength in 2 basic ways, one it can add a bit of delay to make it sound as though there are 2 guitars, the other is that changes the pitch in the frequency just slightly to add the effect that the guitars are in tune but not absolutely perfect, it can be heard as an example on come as you are by nirvana.
what songs are they used in?

I can give two perfect examples.

1. with destortion, listen to the "smells like teen spirit" solo
2. listen to "come as you are"
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

yeah i would say its worth getting, especially if you want to stand out in your band
Yea, so I'm not to savvy on pedals either.. your sayin it's a very good idea to get that "big" distortion sound when you only have one guitar and to get a cool clean sound with this chorus pedal?
Also any recommendations for a good one for a hard rocker
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Last edited by Carnivean at Jul 26, 2006,
I had the Digitech one, and I liked it. I know that both Digitech and Boss have sound samples on their sites, so you can hear for yourself.
Kind of nominated for Best Retired User.

Skepto > Oxygen
It takes your signal, duplicates it and can put it slightly off-tune to give it a grungy or more full sound (very versatile) or it can give you a small delay effect depending on how you use it. Check the FAQ of this forum to see just exactly what it and all other effects do.
i ahve one thier pretty kool, it makes it sound like two guitars are playing the same thing and one is slightly detuned, most of them are for stereo only, i think they sound best with acoustic stuff kinda replicates a 12 string sound depending on the setting its on, and it sounds kool if u have sorta a compressed distortion doesnt sound good with a ton of distortion
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Quote by 812many
I know this isn't exactly the right place for this thread, but my computer wont open up the other page, please don't close this. So lets get to the point, i dont know what a chorus pedal does. What does it sound like? How does it sound clean? with distortion? What songs are they used in?

chorus pedals double the note(s) played and slightly de-tunes the doubled note....it really adds allot to your sound and i love it

musicians friend.com has sound samples for all their pedals

look up a boss chorus there...they are good

i ordered the CE-5 along with a WD7 today...should come in any day now.
ok, one more question if thats alright. i looked at musiciansfriend.com and they have two kinds of boss pedals. does anyone have any experience with the CE-5 and/or the CH-1? thanks for the help
If you want to jam in/around Mooresville NC message me.
i have the ch-1. i prefer the small clone. i think you can tweak the ch-1 more though.
yea i've heard the small clone is the way to go .. I frequently speak with the guitarist of midnight to twelve and he told me he uses that.
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
i had a choice between the small clone adn the CE-5 from boss but went with the boss because i wanted to mod it and IMO, its a better mod type pedal...

looking at the list setup at customer rating its the clone, CE-5, and back 2 more pages is the Boss CH-1

so yea go with the clone
I got a small clone, and I couldn't be happier. It's amazing....if you get anything else, and then ever get the chance to play on a small clone, you will regret your purchase..

It will take a beating though..so take care of it.
~The Gear~
Schecter Hellraiser
Ibanez RG 550
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960 4x12
VHT Two/Fifty/Two
ADA-MP1
Eventide Eclipse