Hi, my friend ordered a EMG Set which came with EMG-SA-SA-81. It came prewired with 1 volume and 2 tones with a 5 way switch. Problem is my friend only has 1 volume and 1 tone with a 5 way switch and he doesn't want to route out another hole for tone 2.

Can he just look at the EMG Humbucker wiring schematics and use the wiring they show to rewire the pick-ups to a 1 volume and 1 tone setup or is it more complicated than that? The SA schematics only show 1 volume and 2 tones wirings. Also can we look at the stock pick-ups for his guitar and use that as a guide on how to rewire the p-ups to a 1 volume and 1 tone setup. They're pretty generic pick-ups.

Any help is appreciated,
Thanks.
yeah, bassicly you can just cut out the 2nd tone pot and wire it so that the one controlls all of the pickups

there should be wiring diagrams on ug, but you might just be able to do it with some logic (not saying your stupid if you cant though lol)

ill look for a diagram
"what are good intermediate classic rock covers?"
Quote by EZLN libertad
alice in chains, stone temple pilots, led zeppelin, play rock and roll by zeppelin, thatll work well, maybe hendrix
and maybe war by meshuggah

/runs
yeah i figured it'd be something as easy as that, but i just wanna make sure.