Poll: Which makes the best fretboard?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which makes the best fretboard?
Ebony
7 17%
Maple
17 40%
Rosewood
14 33%
Other
4 10%
Voters: 42.
I like Ash the best
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

my friend makes custom necks, he made one out of ash and I played a guitar with a neck with an ash fretboard on it and it was fine. I love it.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

It's all about Maple man.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Rosewood FTW. I like un-finished maple, but that doesn't come often, and varnished ones are all sticky and bad to me. I have an ebony neck acoustic, but sometimes it feels a bit dull and scratchy. Rosewood is my favourite.
I have an ebony board on my ESP, and the notes simply ring on that baby. For humbuckers though, rosewood, to keep the tone even.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
WTF is wrong with you ppl??? EBONY FTW
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
Ziricote.
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
If you want enhanced low end, Ebony.
For a warm mid-range, Rosewood.
For enhanced highs, (No, not drug highs. Doofuses.) MAPLE!!!!!
It also depends on what kind of guitar it is, and what you wanna play with it.
Look up "guitar tone woods" in google or something. Learn what woods do what, and then you'll understand better. I like maple and rosewood, but I haven't heard ebony yet. I'm currently building a guitar with an ebony fretboard, so that's about to change. It'll be a while, since it's an acoustic guitar...
Quote by ColdNovembeRain
I have carpal tunnel, caused by profuse masturbation.
gawd, that's gonna get sigged...

Jesus for president, king, emperor, vice president, chairman, prime minister...ect. PM Cashewchaching to join the campaign. or just sig it.
one of my acustics has ebony, i dont know whats on my electric lol. someone said its rose wood but i dont actually know. one of my other acustics sucks though. i have no idea what it is. it just looks like regular wood and its hard to slide. but that guitar has character let me tell you.
maple or ebony (preferably ebony) for electrics, Rosewood for accoustics.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm