i was thinking of getting a schecter c1 hellraiser for $650, but i saw for a $150 more a schecter c1 fr hellraiser which has the floyd rose bridges do you think it's worth getting this
Gear
mesa boogie single rectifer solo 50 head w/el34 tubes
4x12 recto cab
dunlop 95Q crybaby wah pedal
ISP Decimator
Epiphone SG
If you want a FR, yes.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
its better to have a tremelo and never use it than to have a guitar with out one and want to use it.
^ Not if the person wants to downtune, or change tunings often and easily....
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
yes, it is a good choice
Motley Crue 2/11/06!
Motley Crue/Aerosmith 11/21/06!
Sanctity/BLS 3/12/07!
Bleeding Through/Slayer/Manson-7/25/07!
A7x/Operator/the Confession/Black Tide 11/25/07!
Van Halen 2/12/07!
Quote by HaKattack
No, I wouldn't. My bear's penis is off limits.
Quote by ClassicAxe
^ Not if the person wants to downtune, or change tunings often and easily....

He is absolutely right. If you dont know anything about a float rose, know that its on a floating piece of metal...well its 'floating' by tension.

So you tighten one string, and it pulls the trem towards you, which then lowers all the other strings...

Its very annoying to tune, even when you have the hang of it. I got a licenced floyd rose (yea a cheapo, but a pain non the less) and I wish I didnt for my first guitar, but I sitl love my guitar, lol
Yea... i usually tune it to drop C and drop D
Gear
mesa boogie single rectifer solo 50 head w/el34 tubes
4x12 recto cab
dunlop 95Q crybaby wah pedal
ISP Decimator
Epiphone SG
Quote by kh is my hero
its better to have a tremelo and never use it than to have a guitar with out one and want to use it.

you sir are an idiotic mushroom

no seriously exactly the OPPOSITE of that... if your not gonna use a fr, then NEVER EVER get one.. :

Go out of tune twice as fast
HELL to restring
Hassle to tune/detune/retune

Seriously, the only reason to have something is if your gonna use it. I mean would you buy a Sugar Cane Juicing machine??!? no i didn't think so
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
yea now that i think about it my bad for that, but if it was a new floyd rose they have the tremelo stop in it making the bridge fixed, that way he could leave the clamps open and could down tune all he wanted
Quote by seek_&_destroy

Go out of tune twice as fast

One of the advantages of a floating trem (a good one, of course) is the absolutly amazing tuning stability. Foo'
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
^ troo dat

w/ floyd you can still have it in a low tuning like drop C, but everytime you change the tuning to something else, you'll have to readjust the bridge. Unless you change tunings often or don't use the trem much, I would go for the FR.
FR is an acquired taste :p
Martin D-15 || Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Black w/ Gold HW)
Ibanez RG320 (Dark Silver) || Digitech RP50 || Mbox2 || Yamaha HS50M's
Ibanez Smash Box || Danelectro Danecho || Modded Crybaby
Peavey Bandit 112 Transtube
And More!...
i was fondering the same thing, i got a guitar without a floyd rose now and i can play everything good, i havent really had a NEED for one so should i get one?
Quote by kh is my hero
yea now that i think about it my bad for that, but if it was a new floyd rose they have the tremelo stop in it making the bridge fixed, that way he could leave the clamps open and could down tune all he wanted

i think thats only in the speedloader, or some model other than the original, which the FR comes in...and it all depends on whether or not you absolutley need/want an FR\
Go get your shovel.
Basically, if you plan on using the tremelo then by all means get the FR, but if you don't think you will/ don't care, then you probably shouldn't.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...