ahhh i dont think so. but u can get an ibanez or a fender strat and put a bucker in the neck. (as long as its got the room there.) alot do.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I think the newer SSS MIA strats are routed HSH, but i don't know about the MIMs.. I think they're just routed HSS.
Quote by jj1565
ahhh i dont think so. but u can get an ibanez or a fender strat and put a bucker in the neck. (as long as its got the room there.) alot do.

That is odd. I saw a video the other day and I swear the guy was playing an HSH strat. It was "The Trooper" by Iron Maiden. The skinny guy with yellow hair had a blue strat-type guitar, and I was sure there was a single-coil between the humbuckers. But I looked in my Fender catalog and they have a few HHs, but no HSH. Would they discontinue a model?

they might, but i don't think they ever made one.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by R0CKER1220
I'm not sure but it can be made if you want it and are willing to pay some money for a custom guitar, or if you want you can mod a strat.

Ah! I guess big-time rockers can pay for orders like that. Thanks.
There are no production models with the HsH config. If we're talking strats, that is. BUT, as i said, american standards are HSH routed, meaning you can just buy a new pickguard, two humbuckers, and plug em in. Its a bit more complicated, but visit the gear building and customizing forum if you want anyone to get into the details.

Edit: Or you can get a shop to install em for you. It will probably land you at around 2-300 dollars depending on the pickups you choose.
Quote by refgerto
There are no production models with the HsH config. If we're talking strats, that is. BUT, as i said, american standards are HSH routed, meaning you can just buy a new pickguard, two humbuckers, and plug em in.

i was answering your question, smart one. if you wanna make your own, GB&C forum will be more than willing to help.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by tubab0y
i was answering your question, smart one. if you wanna make your own, GB&C forum will be more than willing to help.

"smart one"? It looked to me like you answered the question twice, but I guess you meant you dont think they make an HSH but they might discontinue a model. Yes? Anyway I am grateful for all the answers.
this is probably a n00bish question but what does HSS in an HSS strat stand for?>
My Amazing Gear:
Parker PM20
Parker P-38
Ampeg R212R Reverbrocket
Yamaha YPT-300
Humbucker Singlecoil Singlecoil. It means there is one humbucker in the bridge, and a singlecoil in the middle and neck positions. Humbuckers are those fat pickups that look like two singlecoils bunched together when uncovered, singlecoils are those three pickups found on standard strats.
look up adrian smiths gear online thats the guy from maiden if its not him then its dave murray but i think its adrian
One has a black Fender that was SSS but he put 2 humbuckers in it (with rings) Idk what the other guys was.
'11 Gibson LP Jr.
'07 Gretsch 5120
'69 Tele
'10 Godin 5th Ave. Kingpin
'03 Blueridge Dreadnought
'02 Custom Martin D-28
Premier Twin-8
Fender Hot Rod Dlx
Boss SD-1
Quote by the_white_bunny
yes

Well, I don't think that is a standard model strat. If you want that pickup setup, you will probably have to have Fender make you a custom one, or you can make it yourself. Many pickup companies now-a-days have an option for their pickups/setups on a Strat pickup guard. You could probably find a HSH for a Strat from one of these companies.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

Quote by the_white_bunny
yes

r u shur theres a single coil in there? i mean i see the routing but i don't see a middle pickup. its like an empty cavity
Quote by xsynysterx06
adio_stack...i love you.
im not homo..

Quote by RideTheAnger13
lmao, omg, Adio, you have the best avatar known to man!
I was wondering this the other day too. I was watching Maiden's concert for Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, and they were using strats with HSH configuration. For anyone who has a HH strat, are the cleans still as good as their single coil counterparts? Or would an HSS be better?
most ibanezes come with HSH
I don't ask for much
Truth be told I'll settle for
A life less frightening, a life less frightening
1. the pictured strat is custom.
2. most MIM strats will be HSH routed too.
3. why would custom gear section have better answers?
4. no an HH doesnt have the same tonal qualities of a standard S strat.
5. hot rails dont sound Just like full sized humbuckers
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
ok, here it is:

The "guy" playing the Strat was Dave Murray from Iron Maiden. The Strat he uses is a '57 Strat with a HSH PICKGUARD. There is only one Fender produced HSH strat, which is Dave Murray's signature that just came out this year.

So, yes there is a strat with HSH config, and yes you can configure your strat to have a HSH config (with a HSH pickguard).

Hope this helps
Quote by MaidenRules666
look up adrian smiths gear online thats the guy from maiden if its not him then its dave murray but i think its adrian

They both do adrain and dave both use them I believe but janick uses single coil sized humbuckers in his (I get my info from their rock in rio dvd from 01 so I may be wrong).

Anyway they do make them but its not a production model I dont think. I saw one called the heavy metal strat that was plus it had floyd rose on it ive actually felt one the neck was kinda shredder like but they havent made that in years.

Quote by im_hungry
hot rails give a humbucker sound ,buy them

No no they do not, nothing but a humbucker sounds exactly like one.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Last edited by Lethal Dosage at Feb 13, 2009,
Quote by Adio_stack
r u shur theres a single coil in there? i mean i see the routing but i don't see a middle pickup. its like an empty cavity

Eh? It's pretty clear.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud