So when I play notes at 12+ I get some buzz or rattling. It strange because its only on the A,D, and G strings. Whats going on and how do i fix it?

Gracias!
The frets might be dug in on those notes so it the strings are lower and then touch the higher frets. That's at least the problem with mine.
The strings aren't touching any frets from what I can see so I don't know what the problem is
raise ur strings, like said.

bridge type?

well if its not fretbuzz then is it a loose screw rattle?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I've got a tremolo on there. Its my strat copy so whatever is on a strat is on this guitar
shake the guitar, see if it rattles.
also strum the guitar and touch the bridge, see if u can make the noise stop.

try to find out where the noise is coming from...
if not then try to raise a few of those strings a little.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

do what i did

see the local guitar shop. they fixed my Ibanez right up.
does it matter if i play guitar? yes.
I shook the guitar and got some rattling but not a hellish amount. And the buzzing is on individual notes not like chords or open strings. The buzzing starts at the 12th fret then gets worse as I move up. And its only on A D and G strings

EDIT: I'd rather try to fix it myself or see if its something I could do then letting a shop overcharge me for something I bet is simple

Ok I've raised the action a wee bit and now most of the buzzing is gone. Thanks for the help
Last edited by Alex S. at Jul 26, 2006,
yeah, sometimes it doesnt seem as if its hitting the frets, but its really hard to tell.

if there is also some buzz when u shake it then there could be some loose screws too.
strum the guitar and touch all the little parts, see if u can find anything thats loose.

if the action gets too high we can check out the neck angle but its up to u.
not sure how comfy u are wt a neck adjustment.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62