Page 1 of 2
ok just wonderin if i practice to much or too little. So how often do you guys and gals practice? Daily? How many hours a day?
all day.... lol
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser (Black Cherry)
Peavey 6505 Plus Head: 120W all-tube goodness
Peavey 6505 4x12 Slant Cab
Tacoma Somethin-or-other Acoustic (i bought it used)
about 3-4 hours a day
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
Trust me, I've asked myself the same question. And the bottomline is, if you're asking that question, then u need to practive more.
not that much, I mostly just noodle around. But everyday at least an a few hours, in intervals.
5 to 6 hours on a good day, but it can vary wildly. Somedays I can only cram in an hour or so. Those, my friend, are not my best days.
I play 25 warm up excercises. First i play them on the metronome at 250 bpm then i play them at my own speed which is a lot faster. It takes my about 30 minutes. I do it twice a day then when i'm done i practice the song i'm trying to learn
Dimebag Is God!!!!

President Of The Official Dimebag Darrell Fan Club
PM Me to Join

Member #28 of the Official Alkaline Trio Fan Club. PM greenfinger182 to join.
how long does it usually take to get to where you can play most anything, granted your not guitar retarded! lol
i usually only practice like... a good 20 minutes a day.... but i am surprisingly good for somebody who only practices like half an hour a day.... :/
the
music and soul of love and hope and light manifesting in our minds, trapping whats left of us in our hearts.
where theres nowhere to go.

Quote by I_Pwn
Ostin, you are the pwnzorz and my new hero for that flame.

and this is a guy who's name is "i pwn"
Does any of your social lives suffer? I mean i have lots of friends always wanting to do **** and its kinda hard for me to practice daily but i do put in long hours when i can.
Currently I'm jamming for 4 hours a day at a summer camp, and then I practice for a couple hours at home or until my fingers hurt too much (I just got a steel string, it's a bitch on my fingers). I always try to practice at least 2 hours a day. But I get lazy...
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
well considering that half the people in here practice 6 hours a day lmao, i dont have time like that, i practice about an hour or 2 a day hopefully and its plenty... u can never practice to much, but 1 to 2 hours a day of practice on anything your trying to improve on and u will get better, such as baseball, the sport that takes up my entire day lol
I dunno... 3-5 hours... less in the summertime...
"Isn't it amazing anything's accomplished
When the little sensation gets in your way
Not one ambition whisperin' over your shoulder
Isn't it amazing you can do anything " - Gord Downie

From the song " Fireworks"
It depends 2-3 hours daily roughly.
#2 Member of Fender Whore Club
Rig:
MIK Fender Strat
Traynor 40WR
EH Big Muff
Boss Blues Driver 2
Boss Phase Switcher 3
Quote by Stop Messin'
OHHHHHHHHHH man LMAO now that's what i call getting pwned.

Nice work Fender, seriously.
Dunno, i play all day, just spread out... Ill play for 30 minutes, take a break anyfrom 30m to 2 hours so.....

Total maybe 5-6-7 hours depending...
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
School day: 2-3 hours
Weekend: 1-6 hours
Summer day w/ school: approx 5 hours
Summer w/out school: approx 7 hours

The most I've ever gone in one day is 12, and I've done that two or three times.
Quote by ClassicAxe
Dunno, i play all day, just spread out... Ill play for 30 minutes, take a break anyfrom 30m to 2 hours so.....

Total maybe 5-6-7 hours depending...

^About the same for me.

My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
4+ everyday, unless im like somewhere where theres no guitars like campin or some ****
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

sooo.....none of you have jobs? How do you pay for your guitars....?
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
nearly all the time, i dont have a jobs o when i wake up i usually get on my computer and play the guitar....think the longest i woke up and lsot track of time it was 16 hours......
Caution:
May cause death if user is an idiot.
Quote by Good Riddance
nearly all the time, i dont have a jobs o when i wake up i usually get on my computer and play the guitar....think the longest i woke up and lsot track of time it was 16 hours......

I'm not even awake 16 hours a day
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Quote by Vornik
sooo.....none of you have jobs? How do you pay for your guitars....?

Mommy and daddy. I don't believe anyone who says they sat down and practiced for 16 hours. There is no way the did it straight or actually practiced the whole time. Even still, get outside some. Air is nice.
Quote by The way to hate
Daily. When I'm in a ****ty mood I play less. I'm usually not in a ****ty mood.

I play more when im in a ****ty mood.... i believe that was the day after......
Caution:
i am suprised you have the time to practice 4 or more hours a day i practice at least 1 hour a day maybe more depends but if i did 4 hours i would have no social life
I dont have much of a social life...........
Caution:
An hour or two every other day or so. Pretty much anything else has to take priority over playing. work, relationships, food, friends, etc.
Jackson DKMGT Dinky
Randall RG50TC
Roland Micro-Cube
Boss DS-1
Boss MT-2
I practice beetween 2-6 hours aday it depsens on what is going on that day.. i live in the middle of no where and cant drive yet so if i cant go into town to do n e thing i just play guitar and work out and stuff... i cant get a job either cause i live to far away get rides (n)
Quote by MaidenRules666
i am suprised you have the time to practice 4 or more hours a day i practice at least 1 hour a day maybe more depends but if i did 4 hours i would have no social life
Bingo
I practice whenever I want to play guitar or have nothing to do, and usually when I'm not playing guitar I'm either readong up on guitars on the internet or in town whichc i always quickly look in the guitar shop and I'm constantly listening to music which involves guitars
Page 1 of 2