OK here they are...

I have a Mesa Dual Rec with Prs custom 22... Im kinds liking the tone i have but like everyone else i kinda want a tone that is a little different, and me being the noob that i am i do not know how to achieve one.. lol..

SO.. How do Pre amps work and is it overall just a stupid idea to get one using a prs 22 and a dual rec? i dont know how amps come in to play or guitars that why i did mention what I have.

I want a heavy crunchy, balls to the wall sound... I did not saying thrashing, i cannot stand that crate amp type of sound... i like nu metal and u would know that if u have read my previous post.. I love mudvaynes tone, element eighty if youve heard of em or thre days grace tone, somewhere along the lines of those tones, i love... i know mudvayne a tdg are different but i like em both...

I just really want to know if pre amp is worth getting and which one? i need to know how they work and how to hook em up... (meaning how do u run them)

I know im a complete noob when it comes to pre amps but thanks for all of your help, you can help me get the sound im dying for just like u r lol.
u got a Mesa Dual Rec with Prs custom 22 and your a noob??

well did you try any pedals...Basically a preamp is an EQ (just like the bass, mid, and treb knobs on your mesa dual rec)
Cody Juice
--Sparks and Limerence--

Quote by Gemini
*blasts a load of cum in the threadstarter's face*

Always happy to help.
well im not a complete noob, ive been playing for about a year and 7-8 months... i play alot everyday no matter wat for about2 hours hoipefully... guitar is a beautiful instrument my favorite besides the piano... it something we all love so u can agree with me on that, i but expensive stuff not because im rich, because im far from it, i love guitars so much i spend all my money on em haha... pre amp..... which one is worth getting and trying? T.c electronics i hear are great
Quote by xxbleedsxblackx
well im not a complete noob, ive been playing for about a year and 7-8 months...

*dies on the inside*
i call BS on this entire thread
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
TC Electronics makes guitar EFFECTS. last i heard they had no guitar preamp.

any mesa Recto model is a head, not a preamp. a head has both a preamp and a poweramp.

mesa does make preamps though. but you'll need a poweramp for it to be heard.
Ive been playing for 3 years...all i have is a modded squier strat and a 100w fender amp that i got used...but soon im saving up to get a PRS SE Custom (600$)
Cody Juice
--Sparks and Limerence--

Quote by Gemini
*blasts a load of cum in the threadstarter's face*

Always happy to help.
Quote by SeraphSlaughter
TC Electronics makes guitar EFFECTS. last i heard they had no guitar preamp.

any mesa Recto model is a head, not a preamp. a head has both a preamp and a poweramp.

mesa does make preamps though. but you'll need a poweramp for it to be heard.

There is actually a Recto preamp. It matches up with the 2:100 poweramp for the actual dual rectifier circuit in stereo.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by DunlopGuy
i call BS on this entire thread

No, this guy's been around off-and-on for a while. I got a PRS Standard 24 and a Boogie Mark IV after about 2 years of playing. They're just mass produced products for consumption.

Anyway, you probably DO need a bit of a pickup change. You have Dragon II pickups in a Custom 22, which are kind of mid-output. Very sweet, lovely pickups (my favorites next to the McCartys), but not what you're looking for. Your best bet is to stay in the PRS family and get a set of PRS pickups, the HFS for the bridge and the Vintage Bass or Tremonti sig for your neck. Using PRS parts will keep the resale value on your guitar high and will be easier when you go to install them on your rotary switch. And yeah, probably an EQ and an overdrive or booster would help, too. But like I said, best way to get a heavy sound is sheer volume. A lot of the dynamic properties of numetal comes from getting a lot of excursion on a 12" speaker.
Hi, I'm Peter
See thats why i never post, people call me spoiled blah blah blah, i bought it my self... working 75 hours a week i think ive earned it, thanks tho... and i bet your parents bought your modded squire strat and fender amp huh? lol... im spoiled . u hurt my feelings, prick lol
You're probably going to have to get a mod done to use the 3 way. I had a 3 way installed on mine and they had to widen the hole a bit. But the Tremonti set is the highest gain p/u PRS makes. You should be happy with them. If the Tremonti is 3 conductor, you should just use your rotary switch.
Hi, I'm Peter
yeh i just ordered everythin i basically needed doesnt mean ima use it all lol.... yeh i hope im happy with them.... yeh and the mod part, ima prob have someone do it for me so i do not get impatient and throw my prs through my wall
yeah just give it to a guitar shop and they'll do it for you for like $60 i hear is the going rate in US half the time :P

tc electronic do make a preamp btw, they arent all effects. its a floor pedal type preamp. vintage thing.