I'm looking at upgrading to a Peavey Valveking 112 from my MG. Would this be a good idea, or should I deal with my MG a while longer and get something better?

I'm looking at playing a lot of experimental rock, and the MG just isn't cutting it. I'll be using LOTS of effects. I'm most likely going to pickup a POD XT Live for my effects needs.

I can get the full $375 I paid for my MG if I trade it in soon, but I don't know what I'd get in 6 months or so if I'd have to wait to upgrade. I don't want to spend a whole lot more than that because I need effects as well.

Would the Peavey Valveking 112 be good for what I need, or should I keep looking?
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
I'd say something better. The Valveking, especially the 112, sounds like an SS in disguise to me.
sure, or else a classic 30 or somthing like that.
Quote by CORT noob
Sex her, take the guitar, then sex her mom and have her walk in on you. Then, mom is happy, she doesn't want to be your friend anymore, and you keep the geetar. It's a win win for America!
Honestly, the Valveking is about as low as you can go in terms of tube amps. I would save up a bit more money and get something better in a few months. You'll thank yourself for it later because you won't have to replace yet another amp.
Ok, so if I would wait and get something better, what would you guys recommend?
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Anything closer to the Valveking's price?
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Also, would the Valveking be a good upgrade for like a year or so? Remember that I'd only have to pay an extra $25 to upgrade now from the MG. I could change the tubes and the speaker as well and it would still be less than the other three that were recommended.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
DON'T DO IT!! The Valveking is one of the biggest wastes of money to every sport a tube. My rythm guitarist had one... the distortion was muddy and indefined, and the cleans were about as clean as pig in a swamp. Honestly, you're better off with a vox AD50. It sounds good and chances are if you don't already have an effect its got it built in. Another amp you might try looking at is the Roland Jazz Chorus. The clean tone is incredible; you can do just about anything with it as far as effects go (plus the built in chorus and reverb rock), and it readily accepts distortion from pedals if you don't like the onboard.
2004 Fender Mexican Fat Strat
2003 Epiphone SG-400
Marshall DSL-401
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter

http://www.myspace.com/realityfracture/
^Thanks a lot. I'm going to pass on it for now and get a better amp in a few months or so. For now I'll just look into the multi effects units I want.

Thansk for the advice everyone.

My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
well, if you can get the full cash back for the MG... return it

you can at the very least get a much higher quality solid state for that price... Vox or Roland... same price for the same wattage and so much better tone

both the Cube 60 and the Vox AD50VT are less than 375 and are much better amps... there are also some decent smaller tube amps in that price range... blues jr and the Crate Palamino line
Gear:
2003 Fender Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
2010 EBMM BFR JP6
2012 Babicz Identity Dreadnaught
2015 Gibson Les Paul Traditional SR
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey XXX 112
Fender Blues Jr
Last edited by Musicman48858 at Jul 27, 2006,
I just played the Peavey Triple XXX half stack today and my god does it rip it up, Not really in your price range, but if your looking for a peavey amp, thats the way to go, all tube and 120 watts of power, will easily please a large crowd, It has 3 channesl and The clean is way better then any amp ive ever heard> the Crunch and Ultra channels will carry you away with its power and gain. You should try it out

Im going to definetly going to buy that amp when I have the money.
MY gear:
Ibanez Jetking II
Ibanez Acustic
Kustom lead III 2x12
Big muff Pi
Dunlop Original Crybaby