How hard is it to restring a guitar? I've never done it, but if I just follow instructions online would I be fine?
Yea, instructions online should work fine. Not too hard to figure out yourself.
/SG/
"In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming."
You will definately be able to do it yourself, it is fairly straight forward. I recommend you take a good look at how they are on before you take any off, and pay attention to how they come off. It is an easy task that becomes easier every time you do it. Good luck
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour
its not that hard. but more importantly, are you going to not play guitar anymore because its too difficult...?

one question: are you a guitarist who hasnt broken a string in 5 years, a guitarist who is too stupid to realize strings will sound crappy when not replaced...or a new guitarist?
Theres a video on this site somewhere under the "Steal this videos" section that shows in very good detail how to restring a guitar. Check it out out, it was done pretty recently. You could learn a lot from those videos.
They've done studies, ya know. 60% of the time, it works, everytime
Quote by AvngdSvnfold
its not that hard. but more importantly, are you going to not play guitar anymore because its too difficult...?

one question: are you a guitarist who hasnt broken a string in 5 years, a guitarist who is too stupid to realize strings will sound crappy when not replaced...or a new guitarist?

No, I'm playing for around 7 months now. I got my new guitar about 2months ago and I'll prolly restring it before I go back to school at the end of August.

Anyway, thanks guys!