Ok, I've been playing for a few months now and I'm looking for a new effect to pick up. I play metal, some prog, and well really anything around it. I'm probably looking towards some distortion of some kind but I'd like to know if there would be anything better getting than just a normal distortion pedal.
boss mt-2 metal zone
Quote by Duane_Allman
Your gayer than me, and thats pretty gay.
Quote by Twist of fate
If there's blood on the field, play ball.
[center]
The
e|--3---0---0--|
B|--0---1---0--|
G|--0---2---1--|
D|--0---2---2--|
A|--2---0---2--|
E|--3---x---0--|
You just lost.[/CENTER]
If you like metal, the Boss MT-2 Metal Zone is pritty awesome and cheap.
After you get a good distortion effect, your next step would probably be to get some kind of chorus pedal (the Boss CE-5, Electro-Harmonix Small Clone, Electro-Harmonix Polychorus and Digitech X-Series Multi Chorus are all good choices). Since you play prog, investing in an ebow may also be a wise decision. And tremolo (Boss TR-2, Electro-Harmonix Pulsar or the MAGNIFICENT Boss PN-2) is a personal favorite of mine, though I'm coming from more of a indie-rock/hardcore standpoint. But since you've only been playing a few months, you really ought to concentrate on learning how to play well first. It's hard to learn your scales when you've got wild swooping echo sounds coming from your amplifier. But hope this helps.
Boss BD-2!
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
Thanks for all the reconmendations...I've looked at them on musicians friend and I just realized it gives you samples of how they sound. Kudos to UMadeMeRealise for all the helpful info, and I really like the MT-2...that death metal pedal sounded cool too but I didn't like the fact there's no knob for gain on it..but then again, what makes it death metal? Thanks again for the help.
The models on the DF-7 aren't that great. Sure, it does lots of tones, but they're not done that well. If you don't mind that fine, but I'd recommend spending your money on one really good pedal.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
I got my Digitech metal master and it great for metal
for heavy distortion or a more hard rock tone its great
GEAR:
AMP: Peavey Special 130 Solo series(130W)
Guitar: Jackson JS30
Pedals: Digitech Metal Master
Picks: Dunlop lucky 13 Picks 0.73
Strings: Ernieball Power Slinky (11-48)
metal zone
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
A Boss DS-1
FlickR
iBanez Rg550 20th Anniversary.
iBanez GRG170DX W/ Dimarzio Steve's Special
VTM 60 Tube Head
Carvin Legacy Vai Cabinet 4x12 Cabinet
Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive
ZW-44 Overdrive
Zakk Wylde Signiture Wah
N-u-b-s.

EDIT: why not save up and get a better amp?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Last edited by aznrockerdude at Aug 30, 2006,
EH metal muff
of the metal zone is insane i dont even play anything near metal and i bought one
and pick up a flanger if you wanna ppush it
NYLON ACOUSTICS!

Quote by Stop Messin'
Circle jerk eh? Jeez look out Eddie Van Halen, The_Clap is making a Spankenstrat

Quote by zeppelinpage4
Yeah no foreplay needed with a Blues Jr. she'll warm herself up.