http://www.zzounds.com/item--IBARG350DX

My friend was over today, he has it, and it was pretty good. He replaced all the pickups with Dimarzio's though. I was listening to him play it, *Through my Fender Frontman*, and it sounded great, but he's amazing at guitar. I tried it, and it sounded pretty good.

What do you guys think?

Its $400, and I would probably replace the pups. I need a great guitar for $500 or under.
Everything's decent, but the bridge is low-end and not designed to last.
It's not the guitar you want to buy if you want an instrument that's a keeper.

Good choice: S470: http://www.zzounds.com/item--IBAS470
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
At 500 and under, go for the s470, its got a way better trem... The 350's trem is garbage, steer from it.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
There will be a lot of ppl bashing the Edge III trem coz it may not be as good as Ibanez high end ones. There are tons of numerous debates about Ibanez's low end trems, the Edge Pro II and the Edge III (not touching the TRSs). If you try it in stores, it may not be as good coz the stores had probably messed it up or other emo kids have tried it before and pretend to be Vai. Some who have owned it said its a killer, held up better than an OFR, but some just died coz of it, wont hold tuning bla bla.. you get the idea.

Its sorta a hit and miss trem and also depends on where you buy 'em, if its straight from the manufacturer -> guitar center -> your hands, then it would "probably" be ok (not guaranteeing 100% that its great). But if somehow its touched by the wrong hands during shipment/assembly/setup then it probably needs changing.

Your best bet if you really want this guitar is to get an fresh-from-the-box and properly stretch it, lock the nuts and all. But if you dont want to gamble, settle for the S470. Also, the trem is swapable to an OFR but that'll add another $200 to ur budget. Or $100 if you plan to get a Gotoh LFR (just as good as an OFR).
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
See whether it holds its tuning or not. If its some crappy store, they wont even lend you an allen key to properly tune the guitar, yet alone a tuner. So you'll end up pissing urself. Ask them if they can provide you with at least a tuner, a screwdriver and an allen key, then you set it up yourself, properly stretch the strings, properly tune a floyd rose style system.

Note though, even though at the store it all works well, there's no guarantee that the Edge III will holds its tuning after 6 months, a year or so coz its made out of cheaper, inferior material rather than the Edge Pro or OFRs.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
I might just save up for the S470 or an RG1570. Does anyone know about the s470's "ZR" bridge?
The ZR is very reliable but it may have different feel than the Edge Pro on the RG1570 coz it uses ball bearings, roller pivots and series of springs rather than the normal, spring + knife edges. You should try it out, its preference.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
My friend brought his friend to my house with him today. My friend said he was amazing, I didnt believe it. He pulled out his RG350 and seriously played better than anything i've heard. He's been playing for 5 years, and I swear he could easily be the next Vai or Satch.

The guitar was nice, he swapped the pups though. I didnt really try the trem.
Just take note, the older RG350DX have Edge Pro II and the oldest (1998) have the Lo-TRS II installed while the newer models have Edge III, same goes for the RG350EX. The Edge Pro II has lower profile but same as the Edge III, may be great if setup properly thru good hands over production and it may very well fail.

Its an upgrade to the older inferior Lo-TRS II bridge. There has been numerous complaints about the Edge Pro II, fine tuners poping out, knife edges worn out easily n suchs coz its made out of cheap material.

Can you ask your friend's friend which year he bought it? or just take a peak at the serial number at the back, if its Lo-TRS II, high chance that it's swapped with an OFR.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Last edited by madpickin03 at Jul 27, 2006,
Im not sure when he got it, my friend told me one time, "He has the older version, they updated with with a better neck and bridge", or something along those lines. I guess he has the older one.
i love that guitar my drummer (he plays guitar too) has that one and when i played it the first time i basically jizzed myself.....well that my experience for yea....great buy
Quote by DieGarbageMan
i can become erect whilst displeasing women

What a talented person.
Yeah It sounded great, even through my Frontman, which is a POS. Im really anxious to get my new guitar now.
Quote by TJM2482
My friend brought his friend to my house with him today. My friend said he was amazing, I didnt believe it. He pulled out his RG350 and seriously played better than anything i've heard. He's been playing for 5 years, and I swear he could easily be the next Vai or Satch.

The guitar was nice, he swapped the pups though. I didnt really try the trem.

I highly doubt he can be the next Vai or Satriani. Those two know so much theory and, not only that, they can play anything, from blues to just plain shredding.

But i get your drift. hes good. But remember you could have the worst gear but if you a great player you can make anyguitar sound good.

Tne is in your head and heart...
It doesnt matter what gear you have.
If you love the guitar, you're a good player.

I also say get the S470. Good all round guitar,thin,light, mahogany, wizard 2 neck, and you gonna change the pups so its just gonna be better.

The ZR trem is great. Stays in tune, smooth, You can dive up and down easily.

All-round, you will like it more.
Member #25 of the Ibanez SZ over RG Club! PM ibanez4life SZ! to join

Ibanez SZ320BK, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Statocaster, Laney Cub 12

Quote by Punk2Guitar
your my hero

Quote by benjy118
I love you

Thank you very much