ok, i bought this bass guitar and a t shirt for 10 bucks from my friend and I need help identifying what kind it is. I figured for ten bucks I would have a t shirt and a bass hanging around my room (i play guitar for the most part). Anyways, the pickups are some kind of Selects designed by EMG, and the body is pretty generic, kind of like a p bass but a little different. The headstock has no markings or anything on it and its really plain, just a triangular one. I think its just some old walmart brand or something, but for 10 bucks what the hell...

pic:

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Takamine G340SC
Epiphone G 310
Last edited by batman123 at Jul 26, 2006,
Do you have a picture??? Its pretty much impossible to identify a bass without a picture...

EDIT: That looks like a pretty cool bass... my guess is an old 80's cheap bass... for $10, it was a great find. It doesn't look like any bass I've ever seen. The strangest thing to me was the shape of the tuners... Sorry i wasn't able to help much with this one.

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
might be a custom build, most instruments have brands on them.

if your feeling a bit adventurous you might wanna take the pickguard off and have a look
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
i did take the pick guard off first thing, the pickups werent even really screwed in anwhere, just help up by some sort of foam, and the electronics are kind of rusting away. It smells pretty bad too, the action is way high on the upper frets and a few other things, so i figured it would be a fun little luither project of sorts for me.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Takamine G340SC
Epiphone G 310
New idea: We should have a Podcast called pimp my bass

if you have a mod you wanna do a vid of, pm me, and if i get atleast 2 people, we might actually do this
hey manga, i like your thinking we could have thread about pimping basses (i know that's for gear building) but i meant modding it from the bassist point of view and what other bassist think about different mods. Forget what i said lol i'm kinda crazy.
yeah ok, not a thread, a PODCAST we need a vid, otherwise the Pimp my bass isnt as extravagant

we will include:

Footage of bassists modding their axes
Tips on how to do things (ie. defret)
Things you can mod on a cheapo (basses/bass amps)

EH?
I think we might have got something on our hands and we need a dramatic black and white (with no audio) video of the bassist and his original bass at a gig playing all depressed. and then we play it with color and audio and his new pimped out bass and he's happy and rocking out.

YES i took the idea from infomercials. lol
^ hahha infomercials are the best (loves "Magic Bullet" )

"try to cut this tomato with a normal knife" *splatters* "i cant "

Pimp My Bass version:

"try to hold the groove with this squier" *out of tune* "i cant "
if i could get approval of the mods, and a lot of contributors, i'd be happy to try to get something running
Quote by mangablade
New idea: We should have a Podcast called pimp my bass

if you have a mod you wanna do a vid of, pm me, and if i get atleast 2 people, we might actually do this

That would be so awsome!!! We should just have an Ultimate-Guitar Bass podcast... it would blow that Austrlian "Basscast" out of the water

Manga, i'm in. I'll do anything you want.

I've got Select by EMG pickups on my headless Hohner. I intend to get them replaced at some point. I think they're way too noisy.

But that's a damn bargain you've got there!
haha, thanks, my buddy doesnt even play bass, or any other instrument for that matter. But oh well, it makes sound. But yeah, I wanna replace the pickups once i have cash, because they are really thick muffy sounding.
Im up for helping with the podcast... i love the idea
Member of UG's Mac users club. PM Metalstillsucks if you are wanting in.

Quote by hendrixmusicman
whats IMO? like Emo? If imo is emo, then buddy, you can just shut up because im in the anti emo army. same with the veggies. I'm classic rock all the way.
INKY: so WERE You sarcastic?

if not: People who want to help: i need you guys to PM me, give me some info on what you could do to help out, and give me a way to contact you (i prefer MSN or Xfire, if not, i can still do pm's on UG)
Not at all... i listen to "Basscast", even though its really boring. I think we could do better than that. I'll do whatever I can to help.

I don't have MSN but i do have Xfire. (dont ask why)