Page 1 of 2
i play it about there too. too low is silly, you cant fret properly and no it doesnt look cool.
i wear mine a little bit lower and nobody has said a thing 2 me...
i wear mine like that 2 bcuz the higher u wear your guitar the easier it is to play. But dont wear it too high or youll look like ur in the Beatles or look like a bass player or just a guy who wears his guitar so high it just looks retarded
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
past your waist is too low i bet ya they dont play barre chords either it'd be funny to see them solo like that without manuevering their guitar
Quote by Bpags868
i wear mine like that 2 bcuz the higher u wear your guitar the easier it is to play. But dont wear it too high or youll look like ur in the Beatles or look like a bass player or just a guy who wears his guitar so high it just looks retarded

Who cares ow you look!!
I usually play a bit lower than you, the bottom of the guitar body is a bit bellow belt
level.

EDIT: scratch that, looking at that picture I play it pretty much at that height.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
eh, idk i have kinda long arms, so iwear it kinda low, not like billy joel from green day tho...thats just gay.
Quote by Brandon860
hey man, any person with a Wayne's World avatar I have all the faith in the world in

Founder of the "Taco Bell > You" PM me to join.
i play my bass and my guitar low i have long arms tho
Ibanez GSR190 Bass
Ibanez IBZ10B amp

Ibanez GAX30
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Kinda low actually. I actually find high up (good for soloing and easier overall) but just uncomfortable when it sits at your stomach like that. I play with it just under my belt, so like right on my naughty spot.
Quote by demonic_fishie
Johnson's naturally have a small kink in them, but if you've got a ninety-degree bend in it you should get it checked.

But hey, at least you could piss round corners.
The body on the guitar I usually play is kinda big so even when i wear it down the top comes up pretty high. (It's a semi acoustic)

It depends on the guitar for me, but I usually wear it mid to high.
mines low, but not too low... not like Slash low, when people wear their guitars like really high like at their chest.. it just looks so nerdy, you probably play a lot better, but it looks horible.

no one should have it this low

or this high
Quote by Duane_Allman
Your gayer than me, and thats pretty gay.
Quote by Twist of fate
If there's blood on the field, play ball.
[center]
The
e|--3---0---0--|
B|--0---1---0--|
G|--0---2---1--|
D|--0---2---2--|
A|--2---0---2--|
E|--3---x---0--|
You just lost.[/CENTER]
I play mine around my belt for my electrics.
For acoustic, like belly button area. It's much easier for me to fret and such since acoustics are rather large.
My gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul 100 (left-handed)
-Ibanez GRX20L (left-handed)
-Squire acoustic
-Epiphone Valve Junior Head Tube amp
-1x12 Cab
Quote by *kill'emall*

no one should have it this low

it seems to work for him nicely though
Quote by LedZeppelin650
Well i wear mine like wear Jimmy Page does i guess, i just feel more comfortable with it lower.

no really

just kill your drummer
Quote by Mik3_182
it seems to work for him nicely though

he's awesome, so it doesn't count
Quote by Duane_Allman
Your gayer than me, and thats pretty gay.
Quote by Twist of fate
If there's blood on the field, play ball.
[center]
The
e|--3---0---0--|
B|--0---1---0--|
G|--0---2---1--|
D|--0---2---2--|
A|--2---0---2--|
E|--3---x---0--|
You just lost.[/CENTER]
i play mine with the center of the guitar a little higher than belt level. It is much easier to play fast licks and runs with it higher.
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

i have at my slightly below my waiste, i jsut like the way it looks i guess.....
Caution:
May cause death if user is an idiot.
in the picture in the OP, i basically have my guitar like that, maybe around a 1/2" lower... i just raised the strap yesterday around 2-3" from what i used to do. Still looks fine, and i can still do what little solos i can play sitting down
Well. When my friends wear it it's like Jimmy Page low. But its the end of the strap and it's only on like.. my penis. Then I raised it a little to about my waist to play chords easier (im a rhythm guitarist.. crazy chords and whatnot)
around near my crotch
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

fender mexican fat strat (discontinued)
mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
not too low, a bit above my crotch. I was watchign this guy play guitar hero and i was luaghing on how low that guy holds his guitar to like his knees.
Skill without imagination is craftsmanship and gives us many useful objects such as wickerwork picnic baskets. Imagination without skill gives us modern art.

Tom Stoppard
usually sit but standing i strap just above the waist (bottom end of guitar is slightly below waist and the rest tilted upwards)
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
AT my knees, I actually like it. It's the lowest my strap can go. I don't know anyone else who plays lower than me (excluding famous people). I play Lead by the way.
Lol yeah i need to work on this. I'm so used to playing sitting down that i'm going to look like a retard when i finally get a gig and have to stand lol. If i keep it at the place where it is when i'm sitting down it'll over my waist :\
I hate when it's low cause I have to reach down for it and it's uncomfortable. I guess it's a little above the waist?
ive tried playing low before. i honestly dont know why anyone likes it. i figure, if those guys have to tilt their neck up that much, why dont they just wear it higher? also ive heard its bad for your hands and wrists to play too low. suposed to strain them too much when barring and soloing.
middle of my guitar's body sit just above my belt, its good for performing but i use to play like Beatles high when i was starting out, good for learning to play when u dont care how funny it look... i just wanted to play my guitar damnit!
The top of my guitar's body is just below my belly button. It is a little low, but I think it looks and feels good at that level. You shouldn't worry about where you play at, and where other people play at. You need to play you guitar at the level where it is most comfortable. You can have the most expensive guitars and amps in the world and play your guitar at the floor, but if you can't play it comfortably, you will sound just as bad as a n00b player with a Starcaster on a 15 watt Frontman.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

I wear mine like Herman Li. A bit higher then the waist.
Quote by DoTheEvolution
It's worse pissing when you come in from the really cold weather and your penis has shrunken to the size of a coffee stir straw and the piss feels like the blast from a super soaker.
Quote by flyingjew34
The top of my guitar's body is just below my belly button. It is a little low, but I think it looks and feels good at that level. You shouldn't worry about where you play at, and where other people play at. You need to play you guitar at the level where it is most comfortable. You can have the most expensive guitars and amps in the world and play your guitar at the floor, but if you can't play it comfortably, you will sound just as bad as a n00b player with a Starcaster on a 15 watt Frontman.

With it that low, i gaurantee you cant stretch from 5-7-12 on the low e string... Or any type of decent stretching for that matter.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Page 1 of 2