today i made a big step in my customizing career...
bought a soldering iron, along with all the other crap

first thing im gonna do is put led's in the back of my amp, so i can turn it on when looking at the tubes, even though the front is solid
kinda stupid but hey its something

hopefully next it'll be a fuzz box or something like that

but the guy at the electronic store said that i needed flux for assembling the led circuit, even with rosin core solder

how do i use it, and do i even really need it?
"what are good intermediate classic rock covers?"
Quote by EZLN libertad
alice in chains, stone temple pilots, led zeppelin, play rock and roll by zeppelin, thatll work well, maybe hendrix
and maybe war by meshuggah

/runs
flux is good to have. its a cream substance. they used to put it in solder, but stopped. you can dip connections, or your solder into it so that when you touch your soldering iron to it, it burns the flux away cleaning the connection and allowing solder to flow over it smoothly
so you just dip the connection in?

if you use it, do you still need to sand the connection?
"what are good intermediate classic rock covers?"
Quote by EZLN libertad
alice in chains, stone temple pilots, led zeppelin, play rock and roll by zeppelin, thatll work well, maybe hendrix
and maybe war by meshuggah

/runs
You dont need to sand a connection. You can wipe each parts leads with steal wool first, but not sand the parts. you can dip the connection in, or just dip the solder in and use it.

PS: You still have to solder it even after you dip it in flux. The soldering iron just burns off the flux to allow a smooth connection.

PPS: Oh yea and you really dont want to use overkill of flux on connections. When I do small things like one component to another, I just have a tiny bit of flux on the solder.
In electronics class at school, I love melting this whole big ass bottle of flux and watch other people use it, ahh great times.