Yeah, so i've been listening to the two johns quite a bit lately, and as i understand it, they are in the process of making a new album with the Dust Brothers. i really enjoy those producers' previous work (Paul's Botique by the beastie boys and Odelay by Beck). anyone else psyched?!?!?

other than that, discuss the same old same old, albums, songs, etc.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=30773604

tossup

(yo, yo, yo)
official member of the Alice's Restaurant Anti-Massacre Movement.
The only old song I have heard was "Birdhouse In Your Soul", but its a great song - very catchy. Otherwise I have only heard stuff from Malcolm In The Middle
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
^Yeah, that's a top song

Yeah, I really liked that song when Malcolm in the Middle first came out, but it's a bit old now. I'll check their MySpace out, cheers for the link!
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
I grew up on TMBG, pretty much. "Particle Man" really brings back the memmories
One of the worst bands I've ever had the displeasure of sitting through.
A conservative is a man who believes that nothing should be done for the first time. --Alfred E. Wiggam
I didn't know they played the malcolm in the middle intro song. other than that they're pretty lame from what I've heard from them
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
"Not to put too fine a point on it, to say 'm the only bee in your bonnet"

Ahem, yeah. Not one of my favourite bands though, I'd say I'm fairly indifferent to them.
Their ok, good for a listen every now and then.
The Proverbial Mind Spread of The Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.
Originally posted by Draken
we're not nerds thank you very much i have a very respectable 40k imperial guard army.
Haha. Malcolm In The Middle.

I never found that funny. Everyone else did.

But on topic, that's honestly the only song of theirs I've ever heard. I've nothing against it, but it doesn't exactly compell me to listen to any other stuff.
They Might Be Giants is probably the most intelligent and best band out there. All of their songs are pretty amazing everyone should definitely check them out and not just their popular songs but all their stuff. Mmhmm.
I like all kinds of music! For real.
TMBG rule. I've really gotten into those guys recently and the songs are amazing.

i've never seen anyone else make a song that was both happy and sad to that extent before. it's brilliant.
Have been a good few threads about them (inc. one started by me). Yeah, they're a great, great band.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
What's with people judging TMBG? So many people just judge them on whether they liked the malcom in the middle song or not or if they liked birdhouse in your soul or not. Their music expands into so many different genres you can't really judge them until you've heard a lot of them.

I swear if there isn't at least one TMBG song you like then you have issues.
Last edited by ProfessorJim at Sep 16, 2007,
awesome band

"listen, ana, hear my words, or the ones that you think i'd be saying if there was a me for you!"
Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join

last.fm
so i don't know if anyone remembers that i got a huge load of records a few months back...one of them that i got and was pumped to listen to was "flood"

last time i was home i took the album out and realized that i was missing the actual record...it made me sad
i'm sorry =(

i was in theater class, and we were doing exercises that involved music. when i heard the opening notes to "istanbul" i just about urinated myself. they, for a while, were my favorite band ever on the face of the earth -- i still have a bright orange shirt of theirs with a snowman burning a pile of money on the front

last.fm
I've now decided that the best They Might Be Giants song ever is Number 3. So there.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
I grew up listening to Flood, it was always has been and probably always will be one of my favourite albums ever.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by DigUpHerBones
I've now decided that the best They Might Be Giants song ever is Number 3. So there.

i've just got two songs in me, and i just wrote the third

best line ever.

and fingertips is obviously the best TMBG song

last.fm
Quote by Fugazirancid
i've just got two songs in me, and i just wrote the third

best line ever.

and fingertips is obviously the best TMBG song

Eh. It's great but I have a few other favourites.

New avatar .
nice.

i wore my shirt to school today, but it was chilly so i had a sweatshirt on

last.fm
*revives thread* i saw them on letterman or leno or something a few nights ago and it sucked. although i like some of their older stuff.
they are brilliant live

last.fm