Ok, I've heard you need atleast a halfstack for one of these, and there's some weird way you have to wire it to your amp. Can anyone explain this to me? I was looking in to purchasing one but it just seems like a lot of trouble.
I don't have one, but I did make one. I was going to make a thread, but then I didn't...anyways, I don't think it's that wierd. You plug your amp into the talkbox, and the guitar into the amp, and the speakers into the talkbox.

I can explain how to make it if you like. I find mine works well, but it's not exceptionally loud. Either that or my mic sucks..
-[NiL]-
so, the sound doesn't come out of the amp, but out of sepparate speakers? Is there a way I can use my little combo amp as a speaker for it? I'm going to be getting a new amp soon, so that's why I ask.
yea man can u explain how to make one? they cost alot of money
Guitars:
Custom les paul copy with sun inlay
Epiphone les paul custom with emg 81/85
Hondo 80's star shape(project)
ESP explorer (project)
Epiphone dr200s
Epiphone ej200
pedals:
mxr doubleshot distortion
amp:
Raven rg100
so like, can i use the speaker out of this ****ty behringer amp i have for the "horn driver" cuz i dont understand what that is
Guitars:
ESP explorer (project)
Epiphone dr200s
Epiphone ej200
pedals:
amp:
Raven rg100
A horn driver is the speaker for horns. It's like a normal speaker, but all the sound comes out of one little hole. I got one on partsexpress.com for like 11 bucks.
-[NiL]-
so i cant use a normal speaker for it?
Guitars:
ESP explorer (project)
Epiphone dr200s
Epiphone ej200
pedals:
amp:
Raven rg100
I don't think so, because all of the sound must be directed into a very small opening, but you can try it.
-[NiL]-
eh seems too comlicated to me
Guitars:
ESP explorer (project)
Epiphone dr200s
Epiphone ej200
pedals:
amp:
Raven rg100
I don't think so, but you can always try it. Because you put the tubing into the little hole in the horn driver, and so when you play, the sound goes through the tube and into your mouth, where you "talk" with it, then into the mic. If you use an amp, your going to get a lot of excess guitar sound that you can't muffle.

While I was waiting for my horn driver online, I tried this where I put the tubing right next to the amp speaker, then covered the amp with many blanckets, then it works the same way, but not was well.

I think the hardest thing was wiring it all together, though.
-[NiL]-