For the first time since like [exaggerate]1994[/exagerate], my band has finished a song (well got a pretty good rough sketch down). I'm quite fond of the verse bassline and the outro bass, If I do say so myself. I also like the vibe...

Self praise aside, it has been brought to my attention that the chorus bass needs to be dropped about -2dB, and the playing is a little beat fluxuating here and there, and the outro sounds like it's going places but it isn't. Who knows if the solo fits either. And it isn't blues rock...

All I want is some criticism, and voila, favor returned if you leave a link.

http://bluemelon.dmusic.com/

^ It's called Name This Song. That portion of my creative being was resting.

Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
I like how the guita and bass are kind of "trading licks" in the verse. Yes, the bass is too loud in the chorus. You have a nice command of crossing over in the higher registers in this song, but I believe you use it too much. The bass was designed to play low notes, and while it doesn't always have to, I think the song would benefit from a little bottom end. The solo would probably fit better with a little less distortion, or letting the notes ring out more (instead of constantly picking them as he does), or perhaps both. And maybe a smoother tone (neck pickup - it sounds like the bridge one to me now). But it is a pretty good effort.
^ You have a point there. I keep the D and A strings ringing out in the verse, but the chorus could use a little more bassocity. I kind of wanted to do a primarily high end track, however. And the guitar is using the neck pickup - its just a twangy tele.
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
Nice intro, bass sounds good. Guitar sounds a little iffy at parts, but it works. Maybe it's slightly out of tune?

At about 1:08ish, the drum cutoff seems a little too sudden, maybe have a crash or something on the first beat when you cut off the drums? And I almost want two basses, so another one covers the real low end.

The solo could sound a little smoother, maybe with some compression or something. It also seemed to push slightly, but that might just be my thinking.

Some critique there, but overall it is a nice song. The intro and interlude are very good.

And I could use more critique, I guess..... https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=397919
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
It seems like the guitar is a little bit off in timing, in the first minute. Otherwise, I really like it. I don't mind the bass being a bit "too" loud.