would i be able to put a jackson neck on a strat body? me and my freind are currently doing a strat build and i was wondering if i could do this.
as long as the strat neck pocket and the jackson neck are the same size its all good

Quote by robbo_0013
UniverseZero is some kind of pwnerer of numerals

Quote by spazzymagee417
your avatar entertains me.
If the Jackson neck has 24 frets you'll have to remove the neck pickup on the strat in order for it to fit properly.
^ if the neck has more frets wont it just stick out farther from the body (hope that makes sense), i didnt think i would have to cut anything down. anyways thanks for the help.
Quote by AlexSgrocks
^ if the neck has more frets wont it just stick out farther from the body (hope that makes sense), i didnt think i would have to cut anything down. anyways thanks for the help.

Do you mean the gap from like the pickguard to the neck or something?

I'm not sure but the extra 2 frets will need more room or whatever so the neck is extended a bit. If you look at 22 fret strats, the neck pickup is REALLY close to where the neck ends. If it would be 24 an extra 2 frets would be there getting in the way of the neck pickup I believe.
I'm fairly sure there will be a gap. Check the warmoth they have something about on there if i remember right.
what the guy is saying about the 24 frets and takin out the bridge pup and everything is that you need to make sure that the length from the bridge to nut is 25.5" (may be different but this is the scale length of pretty much any jackson neck) this is important otherwise the intonation will be incorrect
it'll probably work, i just put a jackson neck on a crappy ibanez body i had, it fit perfect, and the pocket looks like it is the same dimensions as my strat neck pocket
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"