Hey guys im new to this whole guitar thing but I just got a new guitar Fender Standard Strat with a Roland Mini Cube. Anyway as of right now im pretty bad and learning scales and trying to teach myself to play. I was wondering if anyone could suggest the order at which i should learn some things (chords, scales, theory, songs etc) or any programs, movies, books etc that could help me along my way.

Thanks

Will
Learn your open chords first. Em, E, Am, A, C, D, Dm, G if you're just starting out. It will give you a basic idea on playin your instrument.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/lessons/chords/basic_chord_theory.html

You could also learn small little songs like "Marry had a little lamb" to give your fingers control on the fret board. Remember to start off slow and do not rush.

Learn Oasis's wonderwall or Greendays boulevard of broken dreams. Good Riddance is another good open chord song.

Good Luck man and I hope you have fun. Welcome to the exciting world of playing guitar.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
you got a fender strat as your first guitar? man, i got a crappy squier i wish i was rich!
Some Guy?
rich ass mutha.... i mean ya work on songs thru everything but inbetween that stuff work on chords and if u want a book recomendation...get Fretboard Logic...its the best book ive found on the market
Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had the tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.

Quote by xDie_Romanticx
just dont get it in your eyes and wear gloves