So my step-brother who cough, cough, "plays" drums came up to me and asked me if i wrote anything new on guitar. I said yeah i've got this new song I'm working on and he says he wants to here it.
so i start playing and the first thing he says is "uh that sounds like californication"

i say "listen dumb ****, the only thing this and californication have in common is they both are in a minor"

he just stares at me like i just spouted off some giberish and then walks off.

I guess what i'm getting to is does anyone else have the problem of someone who has no idea what they're talking about trying to give you their two cents about guitar playing?"
Quote by Kneusje
^ He's right!

Quote by Flea of RHCP
I LOVE, I LOVE, I LOVE... KILLER WHALES! AND I LOVE MANGOS! AND IGGY POP TOO! I LOVE IGGY POP! AND EVEN GETTING UP EARLY IN THE MORNING, AND SWIMMING! AND TAKING A GOOOOOD SH*T! AND I LOVE ALL OF YOU TOO!

I do have that problem, but he could've walked away cuz you called him a dumb ****....
Quote by krymson
I hope that we could get some real metal out there. I guess A7X a start...
But nu metal does have its moments like Slipknot Mushroomhead and Korn.

Quote by VR2005
...Scales are basically the most useless thing in jazz...

i can guarentee (at least right now, i'm trying to learn) that i'm the guy like your brother >>
don't have that problem myself, but i know what you're talking about, and i'm glad people don't bother me about that stuff
no he walked away cause he was thinking "i'm in way over my head. wtf is a minor?"
Quote by Kneusje
^ He's right!

Quote by Flea of RHCP
I LOVE, I LOVE, I LOVE... KILLER WHALES! AND I LOVE MANGOS! AND IGGY POP TOO! I LOVE IGGY POP! AND EVEN GETTING UP EARLY IN THE MORNING, AND SWIMMING! AND TAKING A GOOOOOD SH*T! AND I LOVE ALL OF YOU TOO!

My dad. anything with distortion, is "CRAP" to him.
last.fm | Rush Hour | Dead Format
Quote by HxC73107
pray for plagues or off the heezay by bring me the horizon both great songs specially when ur at a pit at trhe reall show
I think he ment it to be constructive. My band's drummer suggests stuff. You have to consider their ideas because they could really have a good one sometime. If their two cents sucks just tell them "I don't agree."
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
You shouldn't take that so personally. If you really have a problem with it though, at least try and avoid blowing up at him, because that just makes you look like an insecure ass.
he always says stuff like that
i could play stuff out of tune and just hold the tremolo bar down the whole time and he would say he heard it already in a different song

EDIT: FFFDFEFRFKFFF and you can't really call him a drummer. he started 3 months ago and only has practiced for about a total of 2 hours

EDIT2: chris_122 just play some zeppelin for your dad and ask him if its crap
Quote by Kneusje
^ He's right!

Quote by Flea of RHCP

Last edited by RHCPKicksA$$ at Jul 27, 2006,
i was just playing around and made something up and someone said it sounded like green day - boulervard of broken dreams because it had 4 chords. i found that a very stupid comparison
Some Guy?
Quote by RHCPKicksA$$

EDIT2: chris_122 just play some zeppelin for your dad and ask him if its crap

I do, but thats all that he likes, everything classic or oldies.
last.fm | Rush Hour | Dead Format
Quote by HxC73107
pray for plagues or off the heezay by bring me the horizon both great songs specially when ur at a pit at trhe reall show