im looking at the schecter hellraiser and i was wondering hows the neck for shreding type of things.
ibanez wizard 5 pieces will kick any other necks ass.
Tool kicks ass
I personally love the necks on Schecter C-1s. Like butter. But like the guy above me said, it's all preference. You should go to your local music store and try one out for yourself.
ther is no music stores where i live, i live in a tiny town with one gay music store that only has saxaphone stuff
Schecther necks are rather bulky, and they are really glossy, making them stick to your hands and slows you down..

Ibanez are much thinner, and are all natural...

I gues to each his own..
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Quote by ClassicAxe
Schecther necks are rather bulky, and they are really glossy, making them stick to your hands and slows you down..

It's a C-shaped neck on mine, similar to a strat. It's about a 12 inch radius, and the gloss isn't sticky. How huge of a position shift do you have to do for a glossed neck to impede your playing? I compared it to a PRS and it's much thinner.

Threadstarter: The neck is very shreddable, it's not a '56 goldtop Les Paul by any means, but the question is, can you shred?
Last edited by mikeman at Jul 27, 2006,
i love the neck, it doesnt bother me at all, but again, its preference, so what we say is best isnt necessarily gonna be the best for you
Go get your shovel.
Quote by sandman321
ther is no music stores where i live, i live in a tiny town with one gay music store that only has saxaphone stuff

yeah... because.. you know... saxaphones are gay
hey guys if anyone knows ...how is the hellraiser neck compared to a FENDER STANDARD STRATOCASTER neck ... OR THE B.C.RICH WARLOCK KERRY KING SIGNATURE MODEL neck coz i cant try a hellraiser ..we have no hellraisers in our country ..however my friend has these guitars i mentioned before....and my other friend might buy me the hellraiser from america in a week....
Quote by ibanez4life SZ!
I find their necks very very uncomfortable, but it is all preference!

+1
Quote by Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
im getting the C-1 Hellraiser Baritone and replacing the EMG 81 with my Zakk Wylde EMG 81

****in great dude
Quote by beero
hey guys if anyone knows ...how is the hellraiser neck compared to a FENDER STANDARD STRATOCASTER neck ... OR THE B.C.RICH WARLOCK KERRY KING SIGNATURE MODEL neck coz i cant try a hellraiser ..we have no hellraisers in our country ..however my friend has these guitars i mentioned before....and my other friend might buy me the hellraiser from america in a week....

The Schecter neck is thicker than a Fender strat neck. I've never played a KK Warlock model.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer