haha so it''s summer time so im up very late in the night ,and as you know when you have the urge to play u gotta play. I didn't want to wake the parents with the big rig, so i got out the old ass peavey decade (some crappy 10 watt amp someone gave my dad cause they didn't want it). I plug into the saturation channel and mess with the eq an gain and i surprisingly got a couple of real cool tones out of it lol (i would never use it but it fun to mess with)

so any one else have a simaler experiance find out something cheap could be ok?
MEMBER 6 OF I <3 Online Putt Putt Group
Puttsecks?
Quote by DoTheEvolution
I like peni better. It sounds funnier.
"a group of naked guys jumped me, I have never seen so much peni ."
he likes peni

Captain of the Rage Against the Myspace Club. PM Bloody Mary to enlist.
My squier bullet p-bass. yup. YEP.

GREAT slap sound. Yep.

It's vintage

I pull it out once in a while just to jam out on a 4 string. i did it today. its a way different feeling,sounding, playing bass than my SR505. But i seroiusly love the slap sound on it.
sorta, little behringer 15 watt that came with a friend's starter pack. i could play 'better' than my friend who used my crate 30 watt but i sounded pretty kickass. hahaha.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
I guess blowing up speakers in my friends old amps could be considered cheap fun. I do it a lot

And it is a cool sound. BOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZPOP!
Member of UG's Keyboardists club. PM 4string-tsurigi to join.

Jimbo Wallace of the Godlike, Archaic, But Sexy Instrument Players. PM me to join.
Quote by some_guy
no

thank you for that. i beleive thats the 2nd or 3rd time you've responded this way to a thread like this...good job.

anyway, uh, sadly I've never really gotten good tones out of the lower end gear I have...but sometimes I get crappy tones out of my higher end gear, does that count?

although, there was that one time I got a great tone out of my Fender Rumble 15, but that was probably due to the naturally awesome sound of my SR506.
"All matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration and we're all one consciousness experiencing ourselves subjectively, theres no such thing as death, life is just a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves."
My squier is fun to play (Fretless) but sounds horrible (Crap pup + wiring i guess)
haha
^ That would be the "Squier of death"

Jimbo Wallace of the Godlike, Archaic, But Sexy Instrument Players. PM me to join.
Quote by metalstillsucks

The Squier of the Dead! She looms in the darkness to eat babies and stuff.
haha
Quote by metalstillsucks

No, i beleve the correct term would be. The Squier-O-Death!
M374L

Quote by happytimeharry
This is why I'm proud to be an American. Keep your free health care. We get free boxes...

Quickstrike of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Bass Militia's Resident Viking PM jazz_rock_feel
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
The Squier of the Dead! She looms in the darkness to eat babies and stuff.

Ah... my spanish is rusty and it appears that your handwriting is as well. The 2 combined just confuse me. Like the idea though.

I got a Ibanez Soundgear paid liek $220 for the bass, gig bag, and strap. Anyway I'm gonna fix it up, with some EMG PJ Set wich will require me to rout out for the Lj pick up. I'm also gonna put on a Kahler 2400 Termlo on it. Still deciding if I want to get a new neck, proably should, and if I do, i'm diffently gonna go with 24 frets (why not right). Anyway I can't wait to fix it up, and beat the crap out of it. I love that bass. my frist one..
Quote by metalstillsucks
Ah... my spanish is rusty and it appears that your handwriting is as well. The 2 combined just confuse me. Like the idea though.

Haha, my handwriting is horrible enough, but on a headstock... good luck!! Ah, El Squier-O De La Muerte, when shalt thou strike next? Probably the Chubacabra's den.
haha
^ the squier- o of the death
MEMBER 6 OF I <3 Online Putt Putt Group
Puttsecks?
Quote by DoTheEvolution
I like peni better. It sounds funnier.
"a group of naked guys jumped me, I have never seen so much peni ."
he likes peni

Captain of the Rage Against the Myspace Club. PM Bloody Mary to enlist.
Le Squier de la mort !

Last year, I did a cancer walk around a racetrack (24 hour relay) and I got stuck with the 2 am shift. I brought my Fender Mustang bass and a Pignose amp, strapped both of them on and played bass while I was walking around the track. My friend had his acoustic guitar, so he joined in on some nice jams.

I really wish there was an extremely portable battery powered bass amp that doesn't fuzz out when played at higher volumes. Something that is light enough to walk around with, yet is able to push the low end out. I always thought Bose could do something like that, with their "acoustic waveguide" technology.

This year, I bought a rechargeable speaker system made by Virgin electronics (the tube-shaped one with the powed subwoofer)--it actually works pretty well, but it is kind of klugy to use it with a bass--plus, it doesn't have a whole lot of bass response. I stuff it into a backpack and off I go.
^ Damn Jaco, that's cool. I'm doing a Relay For Life this october, might bring along an acoustic or maybe buy a cheap AGB.
haha