what does it mean whern amps are classified as class A? is it a gimmick?
my humble gears:

Ibanez Prestige RG1570 with EVOS!!!
Epiphone Std LesPaul with PAFs

EVJ -> 1960av
EHX Metal Muff, Big Muff, Small Clone
Ibanez WD7, VOX V847, OD-3, BLT slap echo

FIRST Member #11 of the EHX Users Guild
mmk then... then wat abt amps that ARNT classified as class A... what are they then?
also is there advantages/disadvantages to this design then... and hence should i be paying more?
my humble gears:

Ibanez Prestige RG1570 with EVOS!!!
Epiphone Std LesPaul with PAFs

EVJ -> 1960av
EHX Metal Muff, Big Muff, Small Clone
Ibanez WD7, VOX V847, OD-3, BLT slap echo

FIRST Member #11 of the EHX Users Guild
the other designs are listed in that same link. They also have their advantages and disadvantages listed I think. From what I've seen, most of the smaller valve amps are going to be class A, while most of the higher powered high gain head are class A/B I wouldn't base your purchase on that though, there are good amps with either design. It's all about tone, and what suits your playing style. I think the Class A design get's harder to pull off with the real high power circuits, so they are mostly A/B from what I've seen.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Class A means you're using all the tubes at once, all the time. Normally a smaller amp, see THD Univalve
Class A/B means the amp doesn't use all the tubes at once, it switches back and forth between sets or pairs of tubes. See Fender Twin.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.