Its called Thunderpick or something, by Man 'O War, its just this insane Bass solo for like 3 minutes, and I cant remember what its called.

Anyone know??
Which album is it off of? If its Hail to England then I'll know because thats the only one I have... and only one I will have if any.

Honestly... there are other, probably much better, bass solos from other bands that aren't as corny as manowar. Oh and if you don't think they're corny listen to Army of the Immortals or Black Arrows. Point Proven... Rebuttals anyone?

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

Sorry man, i wouldnt know what album its off eh.
I heard it on the radio a while ago, and I just missed the name, but I heard it was by Man o war...

What are some other good bass solos??
the beginning of NIB - black sabbath
Quote by Duane_Allman
Your gayer than me, and thats pretty gay.
Quote by Twist of fate
If there's blood on the field, play ball.
[center]
The
e|--3---0---0--|
B|--0---1---0--|
G|--0---2---1--|
D|--0---2---2--|
A|--2---0---2--|
E|--3---x---0--|
You just lost.[/CENTER]
Well the easiest and probably most famous one would be "Anesthesia (Pulling Teeth) - Metallica" which is off of their Kill 'Em All CD, although I would also try some Megadeth stuff, like "take no prisoners" has a kickass bass riff in the beginning, hella complex and hella fast though.

And if you're looking for great bassists, I would say look first to Iron Maiden. Steve Harris is just amazingly creative. Also, Ian Hill from Judas Priest is a great one. I would also go for Les Claypool from Primus. Also if you have a chance listen to Geezer Butler's bass solo on the first Sabbath album right before N.I.B. kicks in. Its pretty amazing, especially for the 70s. Also, look at John Myung from Dream Theater, and Tom Araya from Slayer.

Yah, well basswise Manowar is probably a good band to pay attention to. I mean most of them seem at least semi or pretty talented, its just... their lyrics are really corny.

Oh and it seems like Thunderpick is off of "Sign of the Hammer" which is supposed to be one of their better albums.

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

Quote by areyoushaw
Its called Thunderpick or something, by Man 'O War, its just this insane Bass solo for like 3 minutes, and I cant remember what its called.

Anyone know??

Yes, it is from Sign of the Hammer.

And it's Manowar, not Man 'O War.

Quote by bootyguard

Yah, well basswise Manowar is probably a good band to pay attention to. I mean most of them seem at least semi or pretty talented, its just... their lyrics are really corny.

Semi or pretty talented? Karl Logan kicks ass, and I've NEVER heard anyone mention him on this forum. Karl is definetly pretty talented
Last edited by -Alek- at Jul 27, 2006,
Quote by areyoushaw

Anyone know??

I think you are looking for " thunderpick" from the sign of the hammer album. And IF you think THATS cool .... try listening to the sting of the bumblebee from the kings of metal album..
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Last edited by Necrolust at Jul 27, 2006,