Poll: Which Practice Combo?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which Practice Combo?
Roland Cube 15
17 38%
Vox ad15vt
15 33%
Line 6 Spider II (doubt i would)
2 4%
Vox DA5 Portable Amp
1 2%
Roland Micro Cube
6 13%
Other (please state)
4 9%
Voters: 45.
Ok so the rg321mh is coming in on its way...and ive sold my crappy high wattage amp to chip in on it...i want something fairly small..not micro size..with a fair bit of volume..around 15-30watts tops for practicing..no jamming with drums or anything obv...now I here spider II's suck..never played one...i hear cube 15's are ok but have limited functions comapred to the 30 and 60..and the vox ad15vt cant do nu metal?

heres what songs im playing most right now if this helps... Unholy Confessions -A7X, Animal I've Become - Three Days Grace, Domination - Pantera...so obv looking for a higher gained aimed practice combo? hope that helps guys..set up a quick poll for you guys...
Id go with a 30 watt cube. My friend has one , its pretty nice. But its better if you go an try it out at a music store. there bound to have a bunch of practice amps laying around.

haha i like to play Animal Ive Become too haha.
we must become the change we want to see.
k will do, animal ive become is so simple..makes me feel talented..when really its a joke..but whatever lol...thanks again
Cube dude. I love those things to death. Maybe a 30 though as opposed to the 15 for more of a full sound..
Look into a Randall.

The second generation RG series, rated at 40 watts. Don't remember the specific model name (RG40G2 maybe?), but gosh, did it do metal well. Might have to find it used. In fact, any Randall will satisfy you.

Good Luck!
looks like its close between the cube and vox right now...can the vox handle a nu metal/metal type tone? I thought its superior to the cube in every department except for metal?
Im not sure about the 30 watt vox , i have a 50 watt and it handles metal decently. But it could be due to the different speakers they use in the amp models.
we must become the change we want to see.
I have a Microcube and really like it. The cube 15 isn't nearly as good from what I can tell. Doesn't have **** for effects or models in comparison. If you want more power, go for the Cube 30. BTW, the Microcube is plenty loud for bedroom use.
if you have a guitar shop near you just go and try it out

its one of them things that are completely subjective and down to your tastes
y
theyll have loads of practise amps there anyway, they're what everyone seems to bu
Go for either the Cube 30 or the MicroCube. The Cube 15 doesn't have near as many features. Randall might also be worth looking into.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
One sec, I just recorded some Unholy Confessions with my Cube 60.

I'm using a horrible guitar, so it's kinda muddy. Crappy 5 dollar mic into sound card on PC (It's an onboard card, it's pretty trashy, computer's about 3-4 years old).

I'll upload it and post/edit when it's done.
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

http://bob173115.dmusic.com/

Some of the playing is kinda sloppy. :P
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

nice...how loud is the micro cube, 2 watts obx doesnt sound like much...like i had a **** marshall mg15 when i first started (poor guy i know), i didnt turn that up very loud for bedroom use...any ideas?
For bedroom use, the microcube is quite loud enough and can be really loud if you crank it all up.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
I voted "other"

I suggest you go for a Cube 30. Same as the micro cube, but won't be comepletely useless for anything but low volume practice. Plus, every now and then EVERYONE loves to turn the volume up REALLY loud.

My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
whats main diff between cube 15 and cube 30, i dont need effectsa, i have effects pedals and dont usually use nothing but lots of gain, and thats what the 15 has isnt it?
The 15 and the 30 are the same as far as features and tone goes. Their only difference is wattage. The MicroCube lacks a lot of stuff. And the 60 has a bunch more stuff...

But the sound is exactly the same in all of them.
Quote by d_byrne23
whats main diff between cube 15 and cube 30, i dont need effectsa, i have effects pedals and dont usually use nothing but lots of gain, and thats what the 15 has isnt it?

Actually, the cube 15 has way less features than the other cubes. Its only got 4 distortion models.

Check out the site for more info:
http://www.rolandus.com/products/productlist.aspx?ParentId=57
roar
get the vox ad15vt. its got really good reviews + it has a nu metal effect. im getting the 50 wat version... 50 WATTS OF TUBE POWA!!!!
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER