im into melodic death metalso i play cleans every once in a while...

well i want this pickup for heavy distortion leads..and cleans that sound good(mostly cleans)

witch one will have the smooth distortion leads w/o out the crazy bass from a neck pup(i hate how my current 85 has too much bass for the neck...i like the cleans outta it in the bridge but not in the neck
now i think the HA will be better for me...

.has anyone tried the HA before??or is everyone just gunna boast the 60 cuz its a popular pup..im not looking for popularity..only tone

now this thread will only have to do with my pup choice...im getting a new amp ASAP and this pup swap will happin after i do so

ill be putting the new pup in my Shecter C-1 Blackjack (mahogany body)

EDIT: Keep in mind i wont get rid of the 85....(plus its pretty easy to switch out) ill have it still for recording
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
Last edited by numbfinger at Jul 27, 2006,
the HA is that single coil variant right, much like an active p-90 basically.....ive never tried one but i dont actually thnk it will give you the soaring leads that you're after, i would say the 60 has more chance of that, i used a 60 in conjunction with an 81 one time and the neck was seriouslyy nice sounding for those drawn out melodic type solo's (think nothing else matters - metallica). Wait for some other people's opinions, because i havent actually used the HA....
Quote by hmmm_de_hum
the HA is that single coil variant right, much like an active p-90 basically.....ive never tried one but i dont actually thnk it will give you the soaring leads that you're after, i would say the 60 has more chance of that, i used a 60 in conjunction with an 81 one time and the neck was seriouslyy nice sounding for those drawn out melodic type solo's (think nothing else matters - metallica). Wait for some other people's opinions, because i havent actually used the HA....

im not looking for a soaring lead..just smooth...(i perfer the bridge for lead most of the time)

i want the cleans more than anything..i play alot of different style in my music (flamanco(SP?), jazz, latin classical, blues) but it all can boil down to melo-death...

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
thread bump

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
EMG60 is great for cleans, and a bit of a crunch, but nto for extreme distortion, it kinda muddies it up a bit. for cleans i get get chili pepper / metallica cleans no problem, it's not as sterile as other emg's in that department and has a bit of character. Can you even fit a HA in your guitar?
umm..the HA is a SC in a hum fitting.....so yeah

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
Quote by Ddarkgod667
emg-60 any day

have you used the HA????if not you are no use to me

ive used a 60..most people have.....im looking for people that have use the HA or both to compair

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
bump

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Classic