Hey guys. I have a Schecter C-1 Elite and there's fret buzzing only on the top E-string on the 1st fret. I've messed with action and stuff and no change. What do you guys think it is?
Buzzing acoustically as you play or can you still hear the buzzez when you plug in and crank up the amp?
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
My friends marshall mg makes every guitar buzz when they're plugged into it so check your amp isnt an mg lol. But on a serious note my guitars buzz when not plugged in but i cant hear it when its plugged so it doesnt bother me.
ESP CUSTOM SHOP HORIZON
FENDER USA STRAT
JACKSON DK2M
Peavey 5150ii w/ Marshall 1960DM cab
ts, how long have u been playing?

madpick change that avatar, holy crap.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
If your guitar still has a string buzz through the amp, maybe give the truss rod a quarter turn. Or better yet, get a pro setup. Heck my 87 Gibson LP Custom's strings buzz a little when I play it acoustic.
Quote by jj1565
madpick change that avatar, holy crap.

Y you dont like it? thats what'll happen when your callouses arent hard enough
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by demea
If your guitar still has a string buzz through the amp, maybe give the truss rod a quarter turn. Or better yet, get a pro setup. Heck my 87 Gibson LP Custom's strings buzz a little when I play it acoustic.

thats if the buzz were to be very low down on the fretboard now if it where to be near the 20th fret then they would need to raise the action
Try thicker guage strings
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
It's acoustically, it's not my amp that's doing it. I've tried 10 gauge strings and 9's, there's still buzzing. Do you think it could be the nut filing?
^Maybe, but I would recommend taking it into a guitar shop to see what they recommend. I personally would just file down the fret there at the 1st fret, but take it in and see what they say.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

Quote by flyingjew34
^Maybe, but I would recommend taking it into a guitar shop to see what they recommend. I personally would just file down the fret there at the 1st fret, but take it in and see what they say.

No, no NO! For the first and last time dammit, do NOT file the first fret. Have it looked at. It might be the nut. If you screw up a fret, it's gonna be more expensive than having a new nut made.
Quote by ColdNovembeRain
I have carpal tunnel, caused by profuse masturbation.
gawd, that's gonna get sigged...

Jesus for president, king, emperor, vice president, chairman, prime minister...ect. PM Cashewchaching to join the campaign. or just sig it.
Quote by derock23
It's acoustically, it's not my amp that's doing it. I've tried 10 gauge strings and 9's, there's still buzzing. Do you think it could be the nut filing?

can you isolate which frets its buzzing from mate
he said its the first fret, im guessing Low E only.
yea sure ur cut might be a bit low there, but its more likely, the way ur fretting it, which is why i asked how long uve been playing.

its only acoustically, and action, neck adjustments and Certainly fret filing isnt needed.
(unless u find ur having other problem areas, or a high action anyway.)

a simple fix is to raise the string by slipping a bit of paper in the nut cut under the string.
ull have an easier time getting that first fret to ring out.
u can always remove it later.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011