Hi everyone...
I was looking at some Ibanez acoustic guitars, and I saw that some of them had XLR-outputs. What can you do with this? Just curious...

TY
Guitars
Fender Classic 60's Jazz Bass
Squier P-Bass
Fender Classic '50s Strat
Parkwood Western
Terada Classic
Amps
Ampeg SVT150H
Ampeg B410HE
Behringer BX600
FX
Boss OS2
Boss DS1
Boss TU3
Digitech RP100A
if you are going straight into a PA or mixing desk it will sound better if you use XLR gennerally.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Ah...so I could plug the guitar in a PA system and be able to hear it through the speakers?
Guitars
Squier P-Bass
Parkwood Western
Terada Classic
Amps
Ampeg SVT150H
Ampeg B410HE
Behringer BX600
FX
Boss OS2
Boss DS1
Boss TU3
Digitech RP100A
Yes, but you can do that with a regular 1/4* line too. The quality in sound is generally better with an XLR line.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
^Yeah, XLR and TRS connectors work on exactly the same concept as humbuckers. They give you line noise than a mono cable.
Not taking any online orders.
Your sound is balanced do you don't need DI boxes etc when using XLR outputs. So quality is better, and is really good for recordg purposes.

Cheers
XLR has nothing to do with needing a DI box. The DI box just changes the signal from High Z to low Z. Most undersaddle pickups are low Z so you won't need a DI box for them anyway. If a Soundhole pickup is magnetic you will still need a DI box whether or not it has an XLR output. All the XLR cables split the sound in half, then it inverts 1 half and sends it down the cable. As the sound travles thru the cable it picks up line noise and electrical interferance. After traveling thru the cable the part of the sound that had been inverted is changed back. In theory both halfs of the signal will pickup the same line noise, so when half of it is inverted the soundwaves will cancel each other out. That means you get less hum and more of what you want. Just like a humbucker.

XLR and TRS are the PAF of IPJ's
Not taking any online orders.
Well...another question solved...thank you guys...
Guitars
Squier P-Bass
Parkwood Western
Terada Classic
Amps
Ampeg SVT150H
Ampeg B410HE
Behringer BX600
FX
Boss OS2
Boss DS1
Boss TU3
Digitech RP100A
Quote by CorduroyEW
XLR has nothing to do with needing a DI box. The DI box just changes the signal from High Z to low Z. Most undersaddle pickups are low Z so you won't need a DI box for them anyway. If a Soundhole pickup is magnetic you will still need a DI box whether or not it has an XLR output. All the XLR cables split the sound in half, then it inverts 1 half and sends it down the cable. As the sound travles thru the cable it picks up line noise and electrical interferance. After traveling thru the cable the part of the sound that had been inverted is changed back. In theory both halfs of the signal will pickup the same line noise, so when half of it is inverted the soundwaves will cancel each other out. That means you get less hum and more of what you want. Just like a humbucker.

XLR and TRS are the PAF of IPJ's

And there you have it. My thanks for the info and appologies for the technical ineptitude. Cheers