Page 1 of 2
pearl jam, seal, simon and garfunkel, jaco pastorius.
i need to get a better signature.
Ritchie Blackmore. For his time is technique was unbeatable...... His tone was too die for......... Listen too the "California Jam 1974" version of "Mistreated" for proof...... I cream myself everytime i hear that tone
erm..

Jeff Hanemann/Kerry King
Max Cavalera (Sepultura era)
Willie Adler/Mark Morton
I enjoy a hearty roast dinner...

...for breakfast.
Alexi laiho, jeff loomis and the guys from opeth, kreator,mendeed and necropahist oh yea and mustaine
maybe so...maybe so young one.

Quote by Friggly
"But just PRETEND i'm not your sister"

Quote by dingmydong
I'm gonna start reffering to the female reproductive organ as the scarlet monastery now

Slash (Guns N* Roses) is without doubt my biggest influence, a little Jimmy Page, a tiny part Eric Clapton
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Takamine G Series 6&12 string accoustics

Marshall JCM 800 50w 1987 (4 input)
Marshall 1936 Cab

Jim Dunlop CryBaby
MXR 10 band EQ

R n'fn' R!
I respect loads of players from metal bands, but I don't think metal is my thing (although I used to). I'm getting into Nuno Bettencourt now, I find it sounds better when jamming out in acoustic sessions and things like that, and I find it more fun. Jimi Hendrix, Nuno Bettencourt, Jimmy Page, Paul Gilbert to answer your question.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Joe Satriani.

damn i was about to say that

not to mention Steve Vai, Eric Johnson, John Petrucci, Marty Friedman, Paul Gilbert, Yngwie Malmsteen, Jason Becker, etc...
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
Kirk Hammet, basically because Metallica was the only thing I listened to when I started.
Andre Olbrich is probably my biggest influence guitar wise, but there are other musicians that also influence me.
i would say my biggest influence is john frusciante and RHCP in general. mostly cause i played a ton of their stuff when i started out playing and i like the style. but i also have pretty big influences from david gilmore, flogging molly, and jasin todd (shinedown). not like i sound like them or any of them are really similar, but those are artists i find myself consciously and unconsciously drawing on for inspiration and ideas.
I find my biggest influences aren't necessarily my favourite bands - I'm a huge BFMV and Trivium fan, but haven't taken a great deal of influence from their playing.

The guys that affect me most are the Metallica and Nickelback dudes - because that's who I listened to most when I started out. It was Hammett's solos that made me want to pick up the guitar to start with.

Also I find that rythym players affect my style more than lead guys - most of my lead seems to come from me, whereas CoB (can't remember the old ryth player's name), Hetfield, Ryan Peake, Ben Moody etc have all influenced my ryth playing. Not that I don't take techniques from Hammett, Slash, Satch, Blackmore and Malmsteen, it just seems that lead guitar is more built on theory and improv, whereas rythym comes more from sitting down and working out what you want to sound like.
Quote by adamrandall
ahh yes SRV. i got the intro on texas flood (easy) and then he's like twangledoodleblopdebloo dun dun dun dun DA dun DA and im like *dead*.

The Unholy plays a Jackson Warrior X through a Metal Muff

Squigglymetal!
^ sweet, hammetts playing made me wanna start too!!! i find now though that for me its more like adam jones, kirk hammett, reznor & dimebag
It's just the way he plays 'em! I believe it was the solo to "Wherever I May Roam" that first set me off to locate my sister's battered old acoustic...
Quote by adamrandall
ahh yes SRV. i got the intro on texas flood (easy) and then he's like twangledoodleblopdebloo dun dun dun dun DA dun DA and im like *dead*.

Squigglymetal!
When I started it was all about playing acoustic rhythm guitar with a major emphasis on vocals, because I was a good singer but pretty bad at guitar. So I listened to a lot of that stuff.

I go through phases where I really like guitarists like John Buckland, the Edge, that british melodic-sounding chimey guitar. Or phases where I like bands that are really poppy, then phases where I'm into stuff that nobody likes.

But as far as guitarists who rocked my world, Omar Rodriguez and Ryan Adams, for two completely different reasons, changed my view on music entirely.
It changes all the time, as does the music I write but it started with Hetfield, Dimebag, and those guys but now its more Paul Gilbert, Friedman, Petrucci,
Next week it might be one of you guys, it changes so much its hard to keep track of!
in response to the unholy - for me it was 'the unforgiven', i heard that song and the solo made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck and to this day i won't record a song or keep a solo until it does that to me......
Quote by pratt121

I go through phases where I really like guitarists like John Buckland, the Edge, that british melodic-sounding chimey guitar. Or phases where I like bands that are really poppy, then phases where I'm into stuff that nobody likes.

The Edge is Irish. Trust me, that's not British

Anyway, Twenny - if your solos are anything LIKE the standard on the Unforgiven, I'll buy your next album. The whole Black Album was a masterclass in melodic soloing for me, Kirk just showed how much more to thrash lead there could be than just shred - though the shredding kicked ass too, of course ^_^
Quote by adamrandall

Squigglymetal!
^ i didn't send him the whole album, just my purevolume site w/ 3 songs, if ya like the songs then i can send the whole album (its all instrumental) anyone can go there and listen to it, www.purevolume.com, artist: 1 of 0..... BUT back to the topic, thinking about it i think robert plant and BB King were really influential in my playing as well (i dig the blues) and also classical composers
Quote by TheUnholy
The Edge is Irish. Trust me, that's not British

Either way, it's a little island over a big pond, and they talk funny and play guitar with a different style over there.
Same could be said of Cuba, or Iceland
Quote by adamrandall

Squigglymetal!
Quote by pratt121
Either way, it's a little island over a big pond, and they talk funny and play guitar with a different style over there.

If an Irish person heard you say that they would eat your splein (theyre like that )
^ no they wouldn't, they'd get really drunk and surly then eat a bowl of lucky charms
For me it is Jimmy Page, you cant beat those licks.
"It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees"
-Emiliano Zapata
hrmm.

jimi hendrix
mick ronson (but really anyone who stuck a decent riff onto a bowie song)
django reinhardt right now he's the guy
wes montgomery
john frusciante
pete townsend
john lennon, jimmy page for riffin's
dave gilmour
mike mccready
"I see my light come shining from the west down to the east
Any day now, any day now I shall be released"

Know any good teachers in NY, especially skilled in teaching ear training? Tell me
Alex Lfeson rhythm wise. His chords are unbeatable. And Maybe a bit of Frusciante. Whenever I improv there's a definite Page influence along with everyone else here haha
I can't narrow it to one. I have a bit of Dimebag and Alexi Laiho in my riffs and solos are Dimebag, Hammet, Petrucci, and Laiho.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
Morello. Frusciante. Bellamy.
Legends
Banter Assassin. Every thread I touch dies.

Quote by Danno13
YDPBC > awesome.

Why Thank You.
Adam Jones, Morello, Petrucci, and lately the guy from Wolfmother, its all pentatonic and he uses the one solo over and over but hey, Wolfmother ROCKS!
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
Page 1 of 2